• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the replies. I do believe you hit it right on the head there with the "seat lock" for a year. I never heard of the exact term for it but that makes sense. Reason I ask is when I do eventually apply I'll be a CFI/CFII/MEI and live in Indiana. I have a pretty darn good base of high pilots there as far as recommendations go and just really want to find my way back to IND as quickly as possible. I dont care to be flying out in CA at all and love the midwest. But reason I really want SKW is becuase of the guys I know who have been there for 20 yeras (some of my family friends) absolutely love it and have expressed their interest in me going there eventually. Anyways yeah I just was wondering if it would be possible to get out of the "seat lock" because SLC in the Bro would be ok for a year. DEN would be an ok comute as well but I just want to be ORD/MKE as soon as possible if i were to work there.

California flying is probably the easiest flying you'll ever do....it's fun too......
the seat lock only applies to the equipment..there is no "base lock"......you can realistically get to den or slc within a few months of serving california "time"......

Well thanks for the info sounds like the recruiters aren't too far off on what there saying. Couple more questions for ya,

1. What do you generally average pay wise on that great 1st year pay? (trying to figure out if I will be able to have anything besides Romen to eat for a year)

2. What are the nonrev polices do you have to pay per leg? Do UAL or DAL have unlimited j/s policy.

3. What do you get paid while in training and do you get per diem right away or have to wait.

Thanks again for the info.

Well thanks for the info sounds like the recruiters aren't too far off on what there saying. Couple more questions for ya,

1. What do you generally average pay wise on that great 1st year pay? (trying to figure out if I will be able to have anything besides Romen to eat for a year)

2. What are the nonrev polices do you have to pay per leg? Do UAL or DAL have unlimited j/s policy.

3. What do you get paid while in training and do you get per diem right away or have to wait.

Thanks again for the info.

1. Count on around 17-18k. Ramen noodles can be prepared many different ways.

2. J/s is unlimited and free. DAL charges an annual nonrev fee and UAL charges by the flight.

3. Don't know.

So in all honesty what are a instructors chance of getting hired for SKW with a high internal recommendation (top 20 pilot) and just having the mins of 1000/100? I know the EMB will most likely occur when that does happen but I thought why not ask you guys who might know more about the HR at SKW.

Your asking the impossible. Just put your stuff in and see what happens. If you don't like what you hear at an interview about an aircraft assignment, don't accept the job.

Latest resources

Back