Skywest Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never thought of that.....

Depends on whether SKW can or will integrate their trips to include some DL & UA flying on a regular basis like they currently do with the DL and UA domiciles. Probably much harder with the MKE routes. Also depends on how tolerant DL and UA are...

Am I the only one that saw this thread topic and thought maybe SKW had announced something about getting rid of the Bro in favor of the Q?

so you can be based in DEN and fly the EMB?

From the skywest careers website:

EMB domiciles:

Salt Lake City, Utah
Denver, Colorado
Portland, Oregon
Fresno, California
Palm Springs, California
San Diego, California
Monterey, California
San Luis Obispo, California
Sacramento, California
Santa Barbara , California

Pretty much any of these are possible right out of training, especially PSP and FAT

Am I the only one that saw this thread topic and thought maybe SKW had announced something about getting rid of the Bro in favor of the Q?
That too. "It's a done deal." Really - I heard from a "reliable source."

Well, I dont think I have the patience to wait for the Q to replace the EMB. I'm gonna go back to Colgan to fly the Q.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I do believe you hit it right on the head there with the "seat lock" for a year. I never heard of the exact term for it but that makes sense. Reason I ask is when I do eventually apply I'll be a CFI/CFII/MEI and live in Indiana. I have a pretty darn good base of high pilots there as far as recommendations go and just really want to find my way back to IND as quickly as possible. I dont care to be flying out in CA at all and love the midwest. But reason I really want SKW is becuase of the guys I know who have been there for 20 yeras (some of my family friends) absolutely love it and have expressed their interest in me going there eventually. Anyways yeah I just was wondering if it would be possible to get out of the "seat lock" because SLC in the Bro would be ok for a year. DEN would be an ok comute as well but I just want to be ORD/MKE as soon as possible if i were to work there.

Thanks for the replies. I do believe you hit it right on the head there with the "seat lock" for a year. I never heard of the exact term for it but that makes sense. Reason I ask is when I do eventually apply I'll be a CFI/CFII/MEI and live in Indiana. I have a pretty darn good base of high pilots there as far as recommendations go and just really want to find my way back to IND as quickly as possible. I dont care to be flying out in CA at all and love the midwest. But reason I really want SKW is becuase of the guys I know who have been there for 20 yeras (some of my family friends) absolutely love it and have expressed their interest in me going there eventually. Anyways yeah I just was wondering if it would be possible to get out of the "seat lock" because SLC in the Bro would be ok for a year. DEN would be an ok comute as well but I just want to be ORD/MKE as soon as possible if i were to work there.
I'd say if SkyWest is really where you want to be, get your time up to where you can get hired on at a place with lower mins - around the 500/600tt mark. Put in a few months there and you can make the move to SkyWest. With the 121 experience, you'd probably go right to the CRJ and right to ORD/MKE. The crappy deal about that is you would be on first year pay for about 18 months (6mo at your first place then 1yr at SkyW).

Yeah but then you get into training contracts and that stuff. I think I'll wait for the 1000/100 spot and just try. You never know what could happen. In addition I mean if I were to get the EMB it wouldnt be bad as long as I got a DEN/SLC. Both of which are doable commutes from IND/CVG. I was wondering though are there any agreements as far as jumpseats on Frontier Airlines? Because I know they have at least 3 flights a day out of IND to DEN? J/w more or less.

Latest resources

Back