• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Q400's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SAPA is simply a company created illusion to make SkyWest pilots think they have some kind of bargaining capability. If SAPA comes up with something and it is adventageous to the company then it is made policy. If the company comes up with something and it is adventageous to the company then it is made policy. Some pilots like to say...."sapa did this, sapa did that." Newsflash....SAPA doesn't do sh*t. Maybe one day certain people will get the clue. Maybe forced flying of Q400s for dogsh*t pay will help. Skywest's purpose is to take care of itself and make money PERIOD. It would be nice if the pilot group would do the same by the best means possible.

So how do you really feel about SAPA and Skywest? I mean, stop holding back and let it out. Supressing this anger will only lead to depression and a troubling crack addiction. It is best to let it out.

I find it very relaxing and peaceful to blurt out things like....Mesa sucks.

Hope this helps.

W

So how do you really feel about SAPA and Skywest? I mean, stop holding back and let it out. Supressing this anger will only lead to depression and a troubling crack addiction. It is best to let it out.

I find it very relaxing and peaceful to blurt out things like....Mesa sucks.

Hope this helps.

W

I don't dislike Skywest. Generally, I think the management group is highly competent and, with some things, fair minded. I also don't dislike the SAPA folks. I think they certainly try to do something. I'm just not confused about what SAPA is and what Skywest is. I believe the situation could be different/better. (Instead of seemingly getting worst)

Last edited:
SAPA is simply a company created illusion to make SkyWest pilots think they have some kind of bargaining capability. If SAPA comes up with something and it is adventageous to the company then it is made policy. If the company comes up with something and it is adventageous to the company then it is made policy. Some pilots like to say...."sapa did this, sapa did that." Newsflash....SAPA doesn't do sh*t. Maybe one day certain people will get the clue. Maybe forced flying of Q400s for dogsh*t pay will help. Skywest's purpose is to take care of itself and make money PERIOD. It would be nice if the pilot group would do the same by the best means possible.

A little bitter are we?

SAPA does make an effort. But I was told by another pilot, and will quote.

SAPA is like the U.N. They are there, but don't get much accomplished. It is a business and the company will do what it likes.

It seems both Southwest and Alaska pilots managed to get nice raises and improvements in work rules and benefits too?...

In the case of Alaska, getting paid more money than what you were getting paid before is always good.

But when you compare that to their pre-concessionary contract, how much of a "raise" is it really?

Latest resources

Back