• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Q400's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The above photo does appear to be one of the two parked in front of our hanger, the other is appears to be blue, white and orange. I haven't seen them up close, but they have been there for a few months. The word I have heard from a FED, our mechanics and the local chief pilot is that they belong to Horizon who is delaying delivery for some reason.

I saw this on the IBT message board and I thought it was a joke! It must go along with Horizon's Q400 "green machine" propaganda.

If you guys ever get the chance to get close to one you'll see a fancy green sticker next to the door stating the Q400 has 30-40% less emissions and is 30-40% more fuel efficient. Compared to what? It doesn't tell you. It must mean that since it is broke a majority of the time it doesn't burn fuel which produces less emissions.

sioux

Here's the latest on the Skywest Q400s. United has asked Skywest to fly 11 Q400s out of LAX for them. Skywest says the crew and maintenance training and investment would not be worth it unless United gave them enough work to fly 40 of them. United has said they need to think about it, so for now it's all on hold. I'm sure United could find someone else to do the 11 Q400 flying.

Here's the latest on the Skywest Q400s. United has asked Skywest to fly 11 Q400s out of LAX for them. Skywest says the crew and maintenance training and investment would not be worth it unless United gave them enough work to fly 40 of them. United has said they need to think about it, so for now it's all on hold. I'm sure United could find someone else to do the 11 Q400 flying.
When does Mesa's DEN Dash8 contract expire?

Latest resources

Back