• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest purchases 22 CR7's for DLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:angryfireWow Jetplane....watch out I'm sure that the flames are rising. I do have to agree with you though!

USC328 said:
On Your Six said:
If SkyWest Inc. gets the CR9s you are talking about, I think it would be for the United side of the house to accomodate their new explus service. What does everyone else think? I'm pretty new to all this speculation, but I don't think Delta would allow the CR9 unless they were configured to 70 seats. I once heard that those configs would have somewhere in the ballpark of 76 seats. Oh well, time will tell.

Ok, I keep hearing it as rumor/fact, which is it? Can SkyWest fly 700's on the Delta side or does their contract with United limit them to only flying 700's on that side?

why should anyone decide what another pilot group fly's?

Um, because your airplane says Delta on the side yet you don't work for Delta. Maybe that has something to do with it.

180ToTheMarker said:
Um, because your airplane says Delta on the side yet you don't work for Delta. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Uh, our airplanes say delta connection on the side of them.

jehtplane said:
If it was a 70seat turbo prop would mainline still want to fly it? Or is it just because turbojet is on the end of the description? Where does it end? What is wrong with the regionals flying 70 seat aircraft? I am certainly not an RJDC supporter but why should anyone decide what another pilot group fly's? Do we have any input on what Delta mainline can operate as a connection carrier? And don't give me the whole we fly for cheaper wages thus driving the industry down. What are Jetblue's pay rates on the 100 seater's? What is Delta's proposal? Who is really driving the pay rates down? I say it is the major's!!!!!!!!!Flame away
It's really quite simple. Without a mainline to provide feed for, your airline goes away. Thus they can and will attempt to dictate what you fly.

Just look at the Independence Air debacle. It shows that the RJ's are too expensive to generate anysort of profit without a Mainline fee for departure revenue model. If this were not the case you would see independent RJ operators popping up all over the place. You dont because the RJ cannot make money by itself.

The Major's payrates and benefits are still heads and tails better then any regional. Stating that the Major's problems is the reason you are not making all that much cash is short sided at best. The reason your payrates are suppressed is because you have thousands of 23 year old snot nosed kids with shiny jet syndrome willing to sell their soul just to get in the right seat of an RJ. For every RJ pilot that states "enough is enough" and leaves the industry all together there are probably 100 willing to take his or her place.

Supply and demand. It is as simple as that.

Please dont take this the wrong way. I flew for the regionals for almost 4 years before I was hired at AA. I totally understand your concerns, frustrations, and your anger. I am just trying to state what is going on in the industry.

Dangerkitty said:
The reason your payrates are suppressed is because you have thousands of 23 year old snot nosed kids with shiny jet syndrome willing to sell their soul just to get in the right seat of an RJ. For every RJ pilot that states "enough is enough" and leaves the industry all together there are probably 100 willing to take his or her place.

Supply and demand. It is as simple as that.

Please dont take this the wrong way. I flew for the regionals for almost 4 years before I was hired at AA. I totally understand your concerns, frustrations, and your anger. I am just trying to state what is going on in the industry.

You've been out of the loop long enough to start listening and believing what's being said in the AA crewroom. Those thousands of 23 year old snot nosed kids have finished college, instructed for a year or two and most likely flown some freight. They didn't sell their soul to fly an RJ any more than you did to fly a turboprop in your day. It's just that now there's RJs to fly right off the bat instead of turboprops.

labbats said:
You've been out of the loop long enough to start listening and believing what's being said in the AA crewroom. Those thousands of 23 year old snot nosed kids have finished college, instructed for a year or two and most likely flown some freight. They didn't sell their soul to fly an RJ any more than you did to fly a turboprop in your day. It's just that now there's RJs to fly right off the bat instead of turboprops.

You totally missed the point of what I was trying to say.

It still comes down to a supply and demand issue. Simple as that. Too many pilots are willing to sell their soul just to fly a jet. Management knows this and is using it to their benefit.

Future of Skywest

Ultimately Skywest Inc. will be a large regional airline with 5-600 RJ's feeding for a 3rd carrier within 5 years. Its a good thing so many young people will be willing to sell there souls to fly a jet.

Dangerkitty said:
You totally missed the point of what I was trying to say.

It still comes down to a supply and demand issue. Simple as that. Too many pilots are willing to sell their soul just to fly a jet. Management knows this and is using it to their benefit.

Nobody is selling their souls, where is that coming from? Is jet blue selling their souls to fly the EMB for those rates? Why is it that "regional pilots" are always sell-outs? Have you seen continental airlines payscale, $30 an hour first year, are they selling their souls? What about the proposed Delta payscale for the EMB's ?yes they have a pension, but for how long? I am in no way bashing any pilot group, but the double standard shiny jet bullsh1t has played itself out. Jets are replacing the turboprops what the hell is so wrong with that? Lets put the blame on the state of the industry where it belongs. It is not 23 year old pilots flying regional jets, if it were 23 year old pilots flying 70-100seat TURBO-PROPS, I seriously doubt we would be having this discussion

DangerKit-

Our previous generation of pilots started us down this road of "regional" status when they decided they did not want turboprop flying after deregulation. In the decades before that, a pilot went through the military and came out to work for United et al. Now, in some cases, not even the mil pilots can go straight to the majors without a stop at a "regional." Who's fault is this? Not management's for dangling a shiny jet at some teen punk. It was our fault back then and we are reaping what we had sewn today. We still have not pursued bringing regionals together with their trunk carriers. This is to our detriment as pilots. We are all on the same side!

BTW- Folks that work for a currently bankrupt carrier like Delta ought not be casting stones at Independance since they still haven't gone into BK while others have. SWA, JBLU, FEX, feel free.

Latest resources

Back