• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smoked Toilet

18 AT LAST!
Source: Bombardier Aerospace
Tuesday October 11, 9:44 am ET
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 11, 2005--Bombardier Aerospace announced today that SkyWest Inc. of St. George, Utah has concluded a purchase agreement for 22 Bombardier CRJ700 regional jets for its Delta Connection operation. The transaction includes conversion rights to other Bombardier CRJ aircraft. In addition, the 80 options for CRJ700 aircraft previously announced were reaffirmed as part of this agreement.
The revised contract is valued at approximately $798 million US. If all options are exercised, the entire order could be worth $ 3.7 billion US.
This transaction converts the 18 Delta Air Lines CRJ200 aircraft on backlog assumed by SkyWest as part of their recent acquisition of Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA) and includes four incremental orders. SkyWest also retains 15 CRJ700 firm orders on Bombardier's backlog from a previous transaction.
"With our recent purchase of Atlantic Southeast Airlines, we agreed to add 22 regional jets to the Delta Connection route network," said Jerry Atkin, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, SkyWest Inc. "The CRJ700 continues to meet our growth requirements because of the benefit of commonality with existing CRJ fleets at SkyWest Airlines and Atlantic Southeast Airlines."
"We are very proud of our long partnership with SkyWest," said Steven Ridolfi, President, Bombardier Regional Aircraft. "We appreciate this endorsement of the CRJ Series and the CRJ700 as the regional jet of choice for both SkyWest and Delta Connection in order to meet their future system and market requirements. The CRJ700 aircraft's low operating costs represent a real benefit to operators in today's challenging market."
The current combined fleets of SkyWest Inc. owned airlines include 229 CRJ200 and 72 CRJ700 aircraft.
The Bombardier CRJ Series firm order book now stands at 1,440 with 1,294 delivered as of August 31, 2005.
About Bombardier
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from regional aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended Jan. 31, 2005, were $15.8 billion US and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). News and information are available at www.bombardier.com. Bombardier, CRJ, CRJ200, CRJ700 and CRJ900 are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.

---------

Yet today we get a memo regarding the cancellations of classes for the rest of the year. Interesting. The memo did say that the classes were subject to change.
I guess it depends on which coast theses airplanes are going to.
Fly Safe
S-T

Last edited:
What happened to the CR9s?????

I thought they were going to order those CR9s converted to CR7 seat numbers (body of the CR9 but total seats including First Class seats equal approx CR7 seating)? What happened to those plans?

Clearly the CR7 will offer better economics on a per-seat basis than the CRJ, but I thought most orders nowadays were for higher-capacity aircraft (i.e., the CR9s, E170s/190s)...

On Your Six said:
I thought they were going to order those CR9s converted to CR7 seat numbers (body of the CR9 but total seats including First Class seats equal approx CR7 seating)? What happened to those plans?

If SkyWest Inc. gets the CR9s you are talking about, I think it would be for the United side of the house to accomodate their new explus service. What does everyone else think? I'm pretty new to all this speculation, but I don't think Delta would allow the CR9 unless they were configured to 70 seats. I once heard that those configs would have somewhere in the ballpark of 76 seats. Oh well, time will tell.

Forget flying 737s for mainline. Ever.

SMOKED TOILET....FWIW, here at ASA we are running quite a number of newhire classes...maybe they're coming to the East Coast. Word of mouth from the CP's in SLC last week was that Jerry Atkin met with our CPs there and one thing he said was that he wanted the ATR's gone and that he wated them replaced with 70's. We don't have 22 ATR's flyign still, I think it's more like 12-16 or so, so maybe that's the plan. Pure speculation on my part, but not the conversation coming from our SLC CP's.

USC328 said:
On Your Six said:

If SkyWest Inc. gets the CR9s you are talking about, I think it would be for the United side of the house to accomodate their new explus service. What does everyone else think? I'm pretty new to all this speculation, but I don't think Delta would allow the CR9 unless they were configured to 70 seats. I once heard that those configs would have somewhere in the ballpark of 76 seats. Oh well, time will tell.

Perhaps this means that DAL wants mainline to fly the 70+ seat aircraft (anything above the CR7 in terms of capacity). I have heard rumors (no confirmation whatsoever) that DAL may want its pilots to fly the E175 and the E190 (like Air Canada - its mainline pilots will fly both) at JetBlue level wages or less (for the E175). Just speculating - but that's what most people do on these boards...

Perhaps Delta wants to keep the 70+ seat flying inhouse so long as the pilots and FAs agree with the new payscales to make each profitable...

Heavy Set said:
USC328 said:
Perhaps this means that DAL wants mainline to fly the 70+ seat aircraft (anything above the CR7 in terms of capacity). I have heard rumors (no confirmation whatsoever) that DAL may want its pilots to fly the E175 and the E190 (like Air Canada - its mainline pilots will fly both) at JetBlue level wages or less (for the E175). Just speculating - but that's what most people do on these boards...

Perhaps Delta wants to keep the 70+ seat flying inhouse so long as the pilots and FAs agree with the new payscales to make each profitable...

If it was a 70seat turbo prop would mainline still want to fly it? Or is it just because turbojet is on the end of the description? Where does it end? What is wrong with the regionals flying 70 seat aircraft? I am certainly not an RJDC supporter but why should anyone decide what another pilot group fly's? Do we have any input on what Delta mainline can operate as a connection carrier? And don't give me the whole we fly for cheaper wages thus driving the industry down. What are Jetblue's pay rates on the 100 seater's? What is Delta's proposal? Who is really driving the pay rates down? I say it is the major's!!!!!!!!!Flame away

Latest resources

Back