• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYWEST Pilots: SAY NO TO ALPA!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HelloNewman, you made my point for me, Jet Blue is one of the first factors that started some of the downward pressure on mainline pay rates, And those numbers you just quoted are the bottom which now puts you guys at the bottom, and that my friend is embarrassing. Mesa gets paid more than you to fly the 900, and I don't want to here about profit sharing because I've seen your profit sharing( a max payout of 2000 a quarter) that doensn't make up the difference.

Im not embarassed. Jet Blue E-190 capt flies for a top out of $89/hr, skywest flies for $93/hr. Usairways top 190 rate at 16 years is $95/hr. Skywest is $2 less. If we should be embarassed then they surely should be ashamed also right? Or do they get immunity from irrational flightinfo anger because they are "mainline". Are they scabby too?

Instead of coming to work and seeking out a "common standard" via the sheeple or herd mentality, why not define your own standard, which is higher that the group. Why? cause if you don't then we constantly keep reshuffling the same standard and never improving....

The choice is yours....

We have lots of great things at SkyWest.
user_offline.gif

And if you guys at Skywest vote ALPA in, none of those things will change, at least in the negative. Your current 'agreement' becomes your contract, until Section 6 negotiations are completed, the pilot group ratifies the new TA, and the integration time is agreed upon by both management and the MEC. Now, whether you take concessions is up to you and your negotiating commitee, and of course your pilot group, since YOU now have to approve or disapprove of the new TA.

Basically, what your 2% gives you is some real say in how the company treats you, and some control in your own QOL, in a way that the company cannot arbitrarily change, at least not without major legal consequenses.

Peace.

Rekks.

Basically, what your 2% gives you is some real say in how the company treats you, and some control in your own QOL, in a way that the company cannot arbitrarily change, at least not without major legal consequenses.

Peace.

Rekks.

What your 2% also gives you is access to CapHill where all of the decision that effect your career are made.

In addition your 2% will give you access to the international airline industry that is going to effect us all so very much in the next 5-10 years..

Imagine being effected by significant changes and not having a say.

HelloNewman, you made my point for me, Jet Blue is one of the first factors that started some of the downward pressure on mainline pay rates, And those numbers you just quoted are the bottom which now puts you guys at the bottom, and that my friend is embarrassing. Mesa gets paid more than you to fly the 900, and I don't want to here about profit sharing because I've seen your profit sharing( a max payout of 2000 a quarter) that doensn't make up the difference.

Actually No jetblue has the lowest 90+ seat rate if you want to get technical. Don't forget our 900s arent truly 90 seaters. They have 70 seats or 76 seats in 2007. So technically speaking we get paid more than jetblue or us airways on a per seat basis. Mesa doesn't get paid block or better, for wx cancellations, etc etc. In the end Mesa pilots still make less than we do. I am ashamed of nothing. Mainline decided to fly the 190s at those rates and that is their choice. It is funny however how people blame SkyWest for everything. When someone points out how mainline does the same thing nothing but excuses are thrown out there. Kind of a double standard don't you think?? Should Airways and Jet Blue be embarassed? What about the other airlines that have similar rates ready for the E-190??? Just something to think about. I think the real issue here is that skywest is non union and we are for the most part happy that way. The union may get voted in and if it does then I will have to live with it. Until then I will enjoy my lifestyle spending 2% of my paycheck the way I want to.

Latest resources

Back