SKYWEST Pilots: SAY NO TO ALPA!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATR Pirate

I can't understand why in the world there is a union drive here at Skywest! There is an open policy and we can move towards change anytime we want! We don't need an ALPA contract to fight over for an average of 4+ years everytime we need something changed! The only time a union is ever needed is when there is no communication between pilots and management LIKE AT ASA! Skywest management knows what they are doing, and have an open door policy and will listen to you anytime you want to speak with them. Take it from any of the 10's of 100's of ASA guys leaving and trying to come over to SkyWest....ALPA SUCKS! You will ruin a great thing at Skywest if you allow ALPA on the property. My last point is we have the ASAP program. Why do we need an ALPA lawyer or representative? If you're in trouble and fill out an ASAP report, you can't lose your job! Even with an ALPA lawyer you still run the risk of losing your case! And even now if you need a lawyer, SkyWest will provide you one for free! ALPA is a corrupt Woerthless union that doesn't care about the regionals! They are on a sink ship and their popularity is going down the drain. All I ask is that before you vote for ALPA, talk to anyone who has 121 experience with ALPA..The major thing in common with all the struggling regional airlines out there today...IS ALPA! Say No to ALPA!

Take it from any of the 10's of 100's of ASA guys leaving and trying to come over to SkyWest....ALPA SUCKS! You will ruin a great thing at Skywest if you allow ALPA on the property. All I ask is that before you vote for ALPA, talk to anyone who has 121 experience with ALPA..The major thing in common with all the struggling regional airlines out there today...IS ALPA! Say No to ALPA!

What an ignorant rant! Who pissed in your wheaties this morning? 100s of guys leaving ASA to go to SKYW huh. Don't think so. There is a good amount going but it's not in the 100s.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

All I ask is that before you vote for ALPA, talk to anyone who has 121 experience with ALPA..The major thing in common with all the struggling regional airlines out there today...IS ALPA! Say No to ALPA!

Ok I have have 121 experience with ALPA and I am happy with our MEC and LEC. I would be very concerned to not have a union, especially in this industry environment. Your MEC or "your ALPA" is what you make of it. You can have a very different opinion of ALPA national. I know I do.

(I do not work for SkyWest or ASA, I'm just offering my opinion on ALPA)

Last edited:
Ok I have have 121 experience with ALPA and I am happy with our MEC and LEC. I would be very concerned to not have a union, especially in this industry environment. Your MEC or "your ALPA" is what you make of it. You can have a very different opinion of ALPA national. I know I do.

(I do not work for SkyWest or ASA, I'm just offering my opinion on ALPA)

Well put rattler.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Managment alert!

There is an open policy and we can move towards change anytime we want!
Why hasn't the student council done anything yet?
The only time a union is ever needed is when there is no communication between pilots and management LIKE AT ASA!
Isn't ASA owned by Skywest? Why hasn't JA fired the problem managers?
Skywest management knows what they are doing, and have an open door policy and will listen to you anytime you want to speak with them.
So you have no problem when you walk into your managers office and ask for a pay raise.
ALPA SUCKS!
Wow, an English major.
My last point is we have the ASAP program. Why do we need an ALPA lawyer or representative? If you're in trouble and fill out an ASAP report, you can't lose your job!
Who is the pilots' rep on the ERT?
talk to anyone who has 121 experience with ALPA..
Feel free to PM me.
The major thing in common with all the struggling regional airlines out there today...IS ALPA!
Skywest is struggling? Step away from the kool-aid.

Superatr
A proud ALPA member since 1999.

Last edited:
Everyone at Skywest will have their own opinion on how to vote.

I highly doubt someone would be convinced to vote in favor or against ALPA by some of the moronic comments posted on this site. The Skywest vote is about the Skywest pilot group, it has nothing to do the ASA pilots unless ALPA gets voted in. I would be surprised if it did.

Everyone at Skywest will have their own opinion on how to vote.I highly doubt someone would be convinced to vote in favor or against ALPA by some of the moronic comments posted on this site. The Skywest vote is about the Skywest pilot group, it has nothing to do the ASA pilots unless ALPA gets voted in. I would be surprised if it did.

I agree Scapegoat. It's the Skywest pilot's choice to select their representation as they see fit. ALPA's not the best but there are alot of positives about ALPA (legal, medical etc). But, I'm sure ya'll are aware of what ALPA does and does not offer. Good luck regardless of how the vote goes! I mean that sincerely too.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I heard there are so many ASA guys/gals trying to come over to SkyWest that ASA had to say no we need to keep them for 2 more months!! (for staffing)They have to meter them leaving now!!

It is sad to think that some Sky West guys like your self think that there is no problem there. Actually you guys and gals have bigger problems than we at ASA have. Flying 900's for 50 seat rates. Somebodys getting the shaft there. It is funny that some like it though. As for the quick upgrade all an illusion if you are going to SKW for the quick upgrade now you have already missed it.

Twice in my life I worked for a non-union carrier that went union. I can tell you from firsthand experience that having a union never solves the problems that the rank-and-file expect it to solve. I am not talking about OT pay or scheduling rules or stuff like that. I am talking about communication. The main problem that exists in companies that go union is a lack of meaningful communication. A union doesn't solve that problem. It makes it worse.

Latest resources

Back