Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots cancel IAH-DFW for scope viloation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoever these two pilots are: THANK YOU. Wow. Imagine that, a captain with a spine. The CAL pilots are watching this very closely and CALALPA in particular. These two may work for a non-union airline, but they have a union backing them big time now.

Why weren't they backed up from the start?

All I saw on here was bashing of us "commuter trash" saying we are all salivating at the thought of flying mainline routes.

The Skywesters repeatedly stated they wanted no part of it, but the response was "yeah right ....you cant wait!"

Do you believe them now?

Why weren't they backed up from the start?

All I saw on here was bashing of us "commuter trash" saying we are all salivating at the thought of flying mainline routes.

The Skywesters repeatedly stated they wanted no part of it, but the response was "yeah right ....you cant wait!"

Do you believe them now?

No. But I now believe two of them.

We need to find out who this crew was - CPT and FO and forward their names onto friends in the UAL hiring department when we hire off the street in a couple years.

This takes balls and we need more like him and his FO to crew our airplanes in the future.

Yeah... because that's the kind of pilot UAL management wants, lmao!!

I think it's really funny how pilots still think they're running the show in hiring. It's all HR now, people! Even if there's pilots on the hiring board, they're no longer the decision makers! Quit acting more important than you really are!

But with that said, kudos to the pilots for having the courage to stand up, even though they may lose their jobs.

Nice Job.

I was spring-loaded to refuse the one I had to do, but everything appeared to be in compliance a couple days ago. I checked the CO website, the UA website and the airport signage...it only showed up as UAX.

Looks like CO is trying to backslide. Pay attention folks.

thanks !

Something like this happened during the Comair strike as well. Bunch of us made a big stink until we were sure that the flying was not struck work. Union or not, we at least tried to do the right thing. For its part, the company bent over backwards to appease the pilots. Hopefully more cancellations will follow.
Yep, but fellow ALPA carriers had no problem picking up the struck flying. Talk about brotherhood and unity!

I think it's really funny how pilots still think they're running the show in hiring. It's all HR now, people! Even if there's pilots on the hiring board, they're no longer the decision makers! Quit acting more important than you really are!

But with that said, kudos to the pilots for having the courage to stand up, even though they may lose their jobs.

Completely agree. Next week, no mainline pilot will even remember this even happened, let alone go out of their way to try and get some regional pilot a job at their mainline.

I was hired by a panel of three pilots, two active and one retired, and my sim eval was run by a retired pilot. They told HR who to hire (pending background checks of, course). So yes, I do believe they can be brought to the front of the line.

That's one way to get an internal recommendation by a CAL pilot...

If this is true, these guys are already fired. Internal recs are pretty much useless to people who got fired.

I am sure the CAL pilots who wanted someone else to fight there fight will send this guy money for the rest of his career if he looses his job. I doubt that will happen but if the CAL pilots want to fight this issue then they ALL should be flying SAFE the day the 70 seaters showed up with a CAL number on the flight not telling other pilots they should refuse the flying......

The guidance from CALPA on this one was to fly the flight and then report to SAPA any CO code violations who would forward it to CALPA legal to address with management. Instead this guy took it one step further. Good luck to him/her.

Latest resources

Back