Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots cancel IAH-DFW for scope viloation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what I'm wondering. Are you going to keep track?

That was most certainly the implication of your original question.

Whose to say what any applicants qualifications might be? Should we just assume he/she would be the most qualified of all applicants and his/her decision not to carry passengers on this flight cost him a future job? That's the implication of your initial question.

You posed the initial question and now you seem to have a lot of questions about the question you posed.

Clearly, the implication of your initial question was that the Captain involved would suffer an adverse consequence at some point down the road if he/she wanted to be a check airman, Chief Pilot, or a member of management. Again, what part of "no punitive action" don't you understand?

Have a nice day.

So you don't think it's possible that they can say, "no punitive action" and not really mean it? You don't think it's possible for them to withhold his career advancement by not offering these opportunities even though they say, "no punitive action?" Keep in mind that a judge once had to order management to undo punitive action for one of it's employees. Do you think that it's not possible that others may have been unfairly terminated but didnt have the finances to mount their own legal defense?

I wonder if that captain would ever get a check airman, instructor, Cheif pilot, or other management position?

Based on your posts concerning this Captain, it's just killing you that nothing will happen to him because Skywest isn't a union and you want to say, "if only Skywest had ALPA this guy would have his job". So you're looking for anything to say that this crew didn't get off scott-free.

Maybe this pilot doesn't want to be a check airmen or instructor or in management. In 15 years at Skywest, I've seen pilots become check airmen where you wouldn't think they would because of something they did or even check airmen that had it taken away by the company or FAA and eventually got it back so STFU and just move along, butt out and worry about your own because you're not genuinely interested in the Skywest pilot.

Based on your posts concerning this Captain, it's just killing you that nothing will happen to him because Skywest isn't a union and you want to say, "if only Skywest had ALPA this guy would have his job". So you're looking for anything to say that this crew didn't get off scott-free.

I'd say that SKywest management doesn't want to make a martyr out of this guy, triggering a movement that could ultimately cost them much more than one canceled flight. Allow me to let you in on a big secret, SKWY management loves the money you make for them....

I'd say that SKywest management doesn't want to make a martyr out of this guy, triggering a movement that could ultimately cost them much more than one canceled flight. Allow me to let you in on a big secret, SKWY management loves the money you make for them....[/QUOTE]

Yea it must suck working for a stable company with money in the bank...If I'm not mistakin they get a bonus check soon too.

Comair was stable at one time. Enjoy the "stability" while it lasts.

Maybe this pilot doesn't want to be a check airmen or instructor or in management. In 15 years at Skywest, I've seen pilots become check airmen where you wouldn't think they would because of something they did or even check airmen that had it taken away by the company or FAA and eventually got it back so STFU and just move along, butt out and worry about your own because you're not genuinely interested in the Skywest pilot.

No, my point is that we will never know. Of course they won't outwardly do anything to him. But if skywest was union you would have heard many more DD type situations because those people wouldnt have to pay for their legal defense. Maybe this pilot doesn't want to be check airman. But without a union you would never know if he was denied being one because of this.

And for the record, I NEVER said that I was genuinely interested in this skywest pilot so don't tell me to STFU because it doesn't make a difference what you say to me.

Yea it must suck working for a stable company with money in the bank...If I'm not mistakin they get a bonus check soon too.

Nope, it sure doesn't. Especially when you have union protection! ;)

Allow me to let you in on a big secret, SKWY management loves the money you make for them....

Maybe I missed something in Management 101, but don't ALL managements love the money their employees make for them? Last time I checked, no airline in the USA is set up as a non-profit.

Latest resources

Back