Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots cancel IAH-DFW for scope viloation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good for this pilot, looks like he isn't delirious on the company kool-aid.

IMO this pilot isn't punished..

Scenario #1- Pilot is talked to but nothing punitive happens to him. Skywest management saves face among pilots maintaining their good image. In reality this is a calculated move on management's part to keep the lemming pilots happy and a union out. A union would cost them much more then a canceled flight.

Scenario #2- Pilot gets fired/suspended. Skywest pilots realize that maybe management isn't so friendly...Start to wonder how/why SkyW Inc can be out buying airlines, investing in airlines while their pilots fly increasingly large aircraft for roughly the same pay. Pilot mutiny brings a union on board and SKWY ends up having to negotiate a real contract that could cost them millions.....
F'n idiots. I hope they fire him/her/them. What part of operational control do you not understand.

This is a contractual issue, not a personal isssue, (much less an RLA issue).

Idiots like this should be fired (plus anyone supporting these stupid actions).

Please read the RLA and associated actions ... these actions are clearly not in conformity.

Bob

Just curious.
How do all of you know for certain that this crews actions were about making a statement? Maybe there were a few misunderstandings that early morning and they just needed some clarifications from a few people before they proceeded on their full day of flying in the IAH system........ or maybe they just wanted to be FI celebrities for the day. Who knows. So, does anybody know if they actually continued their flying for the day? I bet they did. Well anyway, I'm just going to stay out of this touchy subject and let everybody else put the FI spin on it. Carry on-

-TFAYD

F'n idiots. I hope they fire him/her/them. What part of operational control do you not understand.

Please read the RLA and associated actions ... these actions are clearly not in conformity.

Bob

That is a lot of people getting fired! I support them 100 percent, guess I should be fired as well? bummer dude.

Guys like yourself think you are so smart, well you are not. "Not in conformity" too funny.

SkyWest is a non-union airline. That flight was 100 percent in violation of an arbitration award. They choose not to violate the contract of another airline. These pilots understand what it is to stick together, and it's not even their fight ! They have been dragged into this by United and SkyWest management. Witnessing the hypocrisy of SkyWest management I blame them as well.

I love your logic, NOT.

anyway, thanks SkyWest DFW pilots and many others who support our cause.

Bob

Put a sock in it Bobby! Those guys are awesome!

What part of operational control do you not understand.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks man that line made my night! You are a slug in the system little boy and yet you concern yourself with 'operational control'. Can't hate on Uncle Jerry for the potency of the koolaid he serves to simple minded types like you!

I have spoken with their CP... and no punitive or diciplinary action will be taken on either of these two pilots.

Did their Chief Pilot also tell you that the Captain was in touch with him by telephone from the start of the situation? Did the Chief Pilot tell you he knew what was going on and was making phone calls to try and get the arbitration award complied with so the flight could launch but time passed and passengers were rebooked and the aircraft needed to get into position for the rest of the day so the the crew could complete their schedule? The crew did complete the rest of their schedule that day in the same aircraft.

The Captain did what he thought he needed to do. Management (Chief Pilot) supported the Captain's decision, right? No ramifications for the crew, right?

For the rest of you, Nothing to see here. Move along.

Did their Chief Pilot also tell you that the Captain was in touch with him by telephone from the start of the situation? Did the Chief Pilot tell you he knew what was going on and was making phone calls to try and get the arbitration award complied with so the flight could launch but time passed and passengers were rebooked and the aircraft needed to get into position for the rest of the day so the the crew could complete their schedule? The crew did complete the rest of their schedule that day in the same aircraft.

The Captain did what he thought he needed to do. Management (Chief Pilot) supported the Captain's decision, right? No ramifications for the crew, right?

For the rest of you, Nothing to see here. Move along.

I wonder if that captain would ever get a check airman, instructor, Cheif pilot, or other management position?

I wonder if that captain would ever get a check airman, instructor, Cheif pilot, or other management position?

There's a stretch. What part of "no punitive action" don't you understand?

Keep track. Let us know if the Captain involved seeks one of those positions and is not successful in getting it. We'll have something to talk about then, maybe.

There's a stretch. What part of "no punitive action" don't you understand?

Keep track. Let us know if the Captain involved seeks one of those positions and is not successful in getting it. We'll have something to talk about then, maybe.

How would we know? Or are you saying that if he applies to any of those positions and doesn't get it, it automatically means it's punitive? How would we know if even though he is the most qualified that they dont pass him over and say he wasnt the most/best qualified? Assuming he even let's people know he applied to begin with.

How would we know?

That's what I'm wondering. Are you going to keep track?

Or are you saying that if he applies to any of those positions and doesn't get it, it automatically means it's punitive?

That was most certainly the implication of your original question.

How would we know if even though he is the most qualified that they dont pass him over and say he wasnt the most/best qualified?

Whose to say what any applicants qualifications might be? Should we just assume he/she would be the most qualified of all applicants and his/her decision not to carry passengers on this flight cost him a future job? That's the implication of your initial question.

Assuming he even let's people know he applied to begin with.

You posed the initial question and now you seem to have a lot of questions about the question you posed.

Clearly, the implication of your initial question was that the Captain involved would suffer an adverse consequence at some point down the road if he/she wanted to be a check airman, Chief Pilot, or a member of management. Again, what part of "no punitive action" don't you understand?

Have a nice day.

Latest resources

Back