• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest pilot tool rides a belt loader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't post on the regional board much since I left the regional. I know first hand that management will deny an OJI that happens when an employee performs duties outside their job description. I used to make suggestions about staffing and scheduling. A CP told me "just let people do their jobs, you fly". So I stopped worrying about those things. I called in range and gave them the fuel and wheelchair request. After that, I let them do their job and I did mine to the best of my ability. If I had to wait for fuel and the wheelchair, so be it. I was not getting called by a CP because I was telling someone how to do their job. I wasn't trying to stick it to anyone and I was ready to go. Let them staff as they see fit and they will get the performance they want. You guys get way too wrapped around the axle. Let management do things their way and don't worry about it. If they haven't staffed properly, they will fix it. Let them do their job. And that attitude of doing my job to the best of my ability and letting others do theirs got me a a very good job, which I do to the best of my ability.

Not for Skywest. According to hopper he helps out the IAH rampers. His profile says he flies the Brasilia. Unless he jumpseats in to IAH just to help the rampers out. Drink that BLUE JUICE

Yes, SkyWest had an EMB base in IAH back in 2004-2005 timeframe.

He is a dumbazz and a tool. What if that guy slips and gets pinned against the jetbride? That's not part of his job description! You think the company will take care of the bill? Idiot. Beside that's why we get treated the way we do and the company knows it.

Not to mention no one is supposed to ride the belt loader. If you get injured violating safety rules you get no help. Everything in the airlines requires training to be qualified. If you do something you're not trained/qualified to do you're on your own if you get hurt.

I don't post on the regional board much since I left the regional. I know first hand that management will deny an OJI that happens when an employee performs duties outside their job description. I used to make suggestions about staffing and scheduling. A CP told me "just let people do their jobs, you fly". So I stopped worrying about those things. I called in range and gave them the fuel and wheelchair request. After that, I let them do their job and I did mine to the best of my ability. If I had to wait for fuel and the wheelchair, so be it. I was not getting called by a CP because I was telling someone how to do their job. I wasn't trying to stick it to anyone and I was ready to go. Let them staff as they see fit and they will get the performance they want. You guys get way too wrapped around the axle. Let management do things their way and don't worry about it. If they haven't staffed properly, they will fix it. Let them do their job. And that attitude of doing my job to the best of my ability and letting others do theirs got me a a very good job, which I do to the best of my ability.

Amen! Thats what i used to think too. Just sit back relax and watch the idiocy. You'll never get home on time but so be it. It's not your job to manage the operation.

Being at the hotel in the normal course of your job is covered. Going skiing on the overnight and breaking your leg in the process is not. This ain't that difficult to figure out.

No, I'm not an aircraft cleaner. The airline pays people to do that.

No, I'm not a flight attendant.

My own trash from the cockpit? Certainly. I set it in the galley for the aircraft cleaners to get it. Again, the airline pays them to do that.

Absolutely not! That's a major lawsuit waiting to happen.

Wouldn't last through IOE at OO with that attitude. Oh now we can hear the word "kool aid" one more time from vso......

I've done all those things (except ride the belt loader) including wiping the lav floor, and before you slam me, know that I don't give a rats arse what YOU think about me!

Latest resources

Back