• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest pilot tool rides a belt loader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there's a deficiency in ground handling resulting in late flights, then it needs to be fixed by management. Once pilots start doing other people's jobs, the situation will never get better.

If there's a deficiency in ground handling resulting in late flights, then it needs to be fixed by management. Once pilots start doing other people's jobs, the situation will never get better.

Excellent point, and proven by the fact that pilots have helped and the real problems have not gotten fixed. Covering up the real issues by doing other's jobs or not reporting times accurately doesn't improve the operation.

And if he took the stairs up and helped would that be bad? I have unloaded "green tags" and even helped hook up the tow bar while doing a walk around. Maybe it's the ex ramper in me but wow it's funny how people judge Skywest all the time where we can't do right in their eyes. Do some drink too much company kool aid,yes but we mostly are always willing to help out and "do the right thing". Funny how its mostly those disgruntled from other airlines that get on board with our culture here. From crossing seat belts to helping out the ramp or CSAs. Just laugh at how many thank you I get vs F you from passengers/rampers/gate agents just doing the little thing.

How many would you say this to a SWA pilot loading bags if there was a video.

Walking up the belt loader is stupid and lazy.

Constantly covering for other folks by doing their job only masks the problem, and means you probably are not doing your own job thoroughly.

Unloading a couple bags so you can get turned around quicker and make your commute is smart. Helping others out, when warranted, is kind and decent.

Not being able to discern the difference between occasional and constant means you are dumber than average. Thinking you can tell one from the other via a short video is laughable.

Surreptitiously video recording people is weird and creepy.

So your saying risking your safety to get a airplane on time makes you a real pilot? wtf is wrong with you people! What the hell are they spicing up the koolaid with?!
Novacane?

From crossing seat belts to helping out the ramp or CSAs. Just laugh at how many thank you I get vs F you from passengers/rampers/gate agents just doing the little thing.

That's awesome, then you see your paycheck not changing after doing extra work and realize it's management laughing and saying F you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back