• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest or XpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I know and it is alot. There are guys coming over to SKW from Xpress Jet, Don't know of 1 soul that has gone from SKW to Epress Jet though.
Just an observation???

When ExpressJet began recalling after 9/11, many of the people who took the "props for jobs" deal at SkyWest went back to ExpressJet. They had a choice to stay, but many went back.

I currently live in Denver, but niether my wife or I particularly want to stay here for the long term.

SkyWest did have the more attractive bases, but the ONT option at XJT has caused the dilema.

From what has been written here I don't think either company would be a bad choice at this time of my career. Plus the prospect of going straight to the 145 instead of the EMB 120 maybe to hard to resist even if it is in a slightly less secure environment.

Thanks again for the input.

Ahh - fly the E120. It builds character and those who have flown the E120 will look at you with respect. It is a torquey little beast and probably outperforms the E145 at low altitude.

We used to out climb 727's with it and could beat American Eagle's RJ's out of DFW - and ASA used reduced power settings. If you used the manufacturer's limitations that thing would be hotter than a "four balled Tom Cat."

Someone posted that upgrades went around 8 months on the E120 at SkyWest. Most recruiters would be impressed to see an E120 type on your ticket & they will probably be flying long after the E145's get converted to beer cans and household appliances.

Last edited:
Another big thing some people do not see when looking at the stock numbers for last year is that Express has very little debt. We made our last payment to CAL for the split. We were paying something like $200million a year. It makes a big difference when you look at RAH which has 1.5 billion in debt. I do not know what SKYW has for debt. And I am not saying that debt is bad but EXPRESS is in a great position with money in the bank, money coming in from the CAL flying, and a lot of credit to access.

Our stock is down because every analyst sees risk in our new operation. The only thing they can compare us to is FLYI even though it is not a good comparison. By the end of the year we will have a good picture of how this is all going to pan out.

Another big thing some people do not see when looking at the stock numbers for last year is that Express has very little debt.
If I remember correctly, Continental Mainline owns all of the ExpressJet RJ's, and just leases them to ExpressJet. Maybe that's why the debt doesn't show up on your books.

If I remember correctly, Continental Mainline owns all of the ExpressJet RJ's, and just leases them to ExpressJet. Maybe that's why the debt doesn't show up on your books.
The bank owns the aircraft. CO leases them from the bank. You probably tell people that you own your house when in fact, the bank owns it.

Latest resources

Back