• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest or XpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The diversity of opportunities here at XJT are FAR greater and more multi-dimensional than at SkyWest. We are more than just a feeder/vendor RJ operation. We have that, charter is going gangbusters and is expanding. ONT as well as another base will be opening soon. Some of the new brand routes are selling like you wouldn't believe. And there are other possible opportunites that we are not yet allowed to speak about publically.

SkyWest has hot married mormon FAs. Sort of like being on a Island surrounded by water with nothing to drink. Enjoy.

Choose XJT all the way. Future here looks very bright.

What makes you think XJT all the way? Your profile says you have 1000 hours, probably a brand new FO. So why XJT all the way? If you have the crystal ball then I'm dying to hear b/c things are fairly good over here....

What makes you think XJT all the way? Your profile says you have 1000 hours, probably a brand new FO. So why XJT all the way? If you have the crystal ball then I'm dying to hear b/c things are fairly good over here....

Well actually, my profile says > 1000 hours, as in greater than 1000 ... which may or may not be more than the 'lilbit' yours does. I was at a previous regional before XJT, and got furloughed from there. Now, as for why XJT all the way...it's because 1) solid management team; 2) diverse company; 3) charter flying, branded flying, CAL flying, and a few, unnamed endeavors; 4) industry leading contract; 5)what most of us here deem to be a very bright future; 6) good training department; 6) the best maintenance department out there; 7) quality service; 8) good relations between management and pilots; 9) one heck of a pilot group.

Bottom line is...XJT is a class act all the way. No if, ands, or butts about it.

This actually supports XJET as the better company. That was not the result I expected from a casual look at the numbers. (I'm waiting on the DCI flying announcement to sell my SkyWest shares - hoping for a bump to $28, or $29 a share)

Dont forget the superior pay, work rules, and retirement at XJT. We all know Skywest could afford to give their pilots the same if they wanted too.

We used to out climb 727's with it and could beat American Eagle's RJ's out of DFW - and ASA used reduced power settings. If you used the manufacturer's limitations that thing would be hotter than a "four balled Tom Cat."

I flew the 120 and dont remember the performance you are talking about,but there are sure lots of switches to throw and The AC dint work for ********************.
We have a mostly the 145 XR's at XJT (dont know the exact ratios) The performance is great and it out performs the CL-65 all the time. The cockpit set up is really nice and ergonomic and comes with dual FMS, ACARS, and pretty much auto everything. You also dont have to keep setting the power as you climb, etc... Also the pacs on the ERJ work great even in Houston.

But to go back to the original posting here, who really knows whats going to happen tomorow. The branded flying might work or it wont. There are no gurantees in this business. Hell if two of the major partners at Skywest like Delta and UAL were to merge skywest would have a lot of extra baggage to unload.

P.S. Skywest has hotter FA's for sure and they do put out. The great thing about mormons is that they at extreme ends of the spectrum, either buck wilde or homely. If you got game you will bang them, mormon or not.

Last edited:
We have a mostly the 145 XR's at XJT (dont know the exact ratios)

Just FYI: My aircraft list shows 104 EMB-145XR airplanes out of 274 total. I don't think that qualifies as "mostly." But it is a nice performer, like you say.

No hot married moron FA's at XJT?:laugh:

If that's a typo, it has to be typo of the year! If it's not a typo, the answer is a resounding, "Yes there are!" :beer:

I'd go to Xjet, if bases didn't matter. It sounds great, the pay is great, and I think a little "risk" is exciting. It would be fun to work for a company that you actually helped build, wouldn't it? OH, btw, I work for Skywest. I like it here, but given the choice starting out, I'd go to Xjet(which is actually where I went first...got furloughed...came to SkyWest...because I live out west).

No.W.

3) charter flying, branded flying, CAL flying, and a few, unnamed endeavors;

What type of charter flying are you doing? Are you flying college basketball teams, or 2 rich people from ONT to TEB.

I thought there plan was to do a point to point airline, is that plan falling apart before it gets started?

Latest resources

Back