SkyWest or Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FatAlbert said:
If you would like some info regarding skywest interviews, PM me b/c I have a friend who works with the hiring dept.

Good Luck!

You can get the info right off their website and gouges off of aviationinterviews.com

I would take which ever one you get a class date in first, I work for Shuttle, the 170 is nice but living in base is what its all about!! Commuting SUCKS!!! I have alot of friends at Skywest and they like it to, as for what plane you fly, who cares its all about senority, your just a number!!!

IHaveAPension said:
Most airline pilots nowdays would call it a nightmare!
IHaveAPension is Rhoid, TheGuat, RJDC, LucyFurr, TheGuppyKiller, E170GuppyKiller, GuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, OUT, 410Dude, FreightNazi, ABXpert, among many others.

EMB Skillz said:
You are pathetic. When I get my EMB PIC, I am going straight to FedEx. Then I won't ever have to whine about being a 17-year pilot on commuter pay.
D0uche

EMB Skillz said:
You are pathetic. When I get my EMB PIC, I am going straight to FedEx. Then I won't ever have to whine about being a 17-year pilot on commuter pay.

Hope you don't tell any of the FedEx board what a ****************************** bag you've been on this board. They only hire top notch people, with personality, and you just don't seem to qualify.

Last edited:
Why go to an airline that needs indentured servants? Skywest does not need to put their pilots under contract to get them to show up for work. Republic/ whatever airlines NEEDS a contract for first two years of employment. For that reason alone I would deviate around Republic/what ever airlines like it was a level 6 thunderstorm. A bonus for working with skywest will be not having to pay money for a worthless union who will make your life hell, and then tell you how lucky you are to have them. It is not fun or exciting to fly a super modern over automated airplane. The brazila will be fun. You will have to actualy fly the airplane sometimes. If I remember right that is why I started flying. Not so I could "fly by pictures" and "monitor the computer".

I work for Shuttle and can tell you that (for a regional) it is fine. Contrary to popular belief, our contract is not that bad. Of course, it could be better, but whose couldn't. FO pay is probably the biggest problem with the contract, but we have no junior manning, 75 hour guar., 12 min days off (lineholder). Really good pilot group too. Skywest seems to me like the only other regional that is pretty first class. (This opinion is based on interactions with Skywest pilots and crews, not much else.) One very important reason to go to Skywest (to avoid Shuttle, really) is the flight attendant group. Shuttle has the gayest, oldest, and ghettoest group you will ever come across. Hey these people are not bad people, they just are what they are! Skywest, on the other had, seems to have young, hip and even cute F/A's for the most part. I'm a happily married man, BUT when it comes to an overnight and going out to grab some food with the crew, who would you rather hang with? Just my opinions here. I like my job, like my company and hope you join us, but be warned about this F/A group.

Going2Baja said:
Growth - history - non-union - small airline feel - employees - management - bases - benefits.....What have I forgot?

Baja.

Don't forget taking what is esentially a B-scale on the 70 seater to exasperate the race to the bottom...

Latest resources

Back