SkyWest or Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buyagoat

Alright I am trying to decide between going to shuttle to fly the emb-170, or going to skywest to fly the emb-120. I live in chicago, so both airlines do have bases there so as long as nohting happens then i can get back eventually. With skywest I would have to wait a year untill the seat lock is up and transition, with shuttle i have heard that ord is senior. Also i know there is growth at both companies, and shuttle i belive is teamsters, and skywest has no union, just a crewmember policy. Well I guess that is about it. Any advice eaither way would be helpful in trying to make a big decision. Thanks to everyone, and keep living the dream!

buyagoat said:
Alright I am trying to decide between going to shuttle to fly the emb-170, or going to skywest to fly the emb-120. I live in chicago, so both airlines do have bases there so as long as nohting happens then i can get back eventually. With skywest I would have to wait a year untill the seat lock is up and transition, with shuttle i have heard that ord is senior. Also i know there is growth at both companies, and shuttle i belive is teamsters, and skywest has no union, just a crewmember policy. Well I guess that is about it. Any advice eaither way would be helpful in trying to make a big decision. Thanks to everyone, and keep living the dream!

Most airline pilots nowdays would call it a nightmare!

I can't speak for Shuttle America, however, at SkyWest, ORD is extremely junior. I bet the 1 year guys over there are holding stuff that 2 and 3 year guys elsewhere are holding. In the big picture, flying the bro out west for a year or so isn't a big deal. . . especially in light of going to ORD where there is alot of movement. Just don't be like some of the idiots I've heard about bypassing an EMB class in hopes of getting a CRJ class. Someone needs to tell these guys that seniority is DATE OF HIRE. Besides, you'll spend most of your career flying jets. Wouldn't you want some EMB time in your logbook so you can brag that you've flown a man's airplane?

What's with you guys calling the E120 the "bro?" I can't find an "o" in the name anywhere. Wouldn't it be more fitting to call it the "bra?" Heck, you could even call it a "sports bra" if you wanted to, as it is relatively fast.

-Blucher;)

Why is it that everytime we talk about SkyWest and the Brasilia, this topic of "Bro" vs"Bra" comes up? It's getting a little old ya know...who cares?

buyagoat said:

Gulfstream

ilkwamh2 said:
Why is it that everytime we talk about SkyWest and the Brasilia, this topic of "Bro" vs"Bra" comes up? It's getting a little old ya know...who cares?

Sorry, Bro, I haven't been paying attention. What was the final conclusion the last time this came up? I am sincerely interested in knowing where the term "Bro" came from when referencing the Brasilia. To me it's a bit like having someone come up and say "my name is Richard Thomas Smith, but you can call me Steven for short." It just doesn't make sense.

-Blucher:confused:

Latest resources

Back