SkyWest or Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB Skillz said:
You are pathetic. When I get my EMB PIC, I am going straight to FedEx. Then I won't ever have to whine about being a 17-year pilot on commuter pay.
Uh, ok sparky. Good luck! Is your old man Fred Smith or something?

Heavy Set said:
I'd say go for Shuttle America E170 if given the option. Nice aircraft and that would be preferable to flying a CRJ or EM2 in my opinion. The entire regional business is a crap shoot anyway - you might as well fly something super-advanced and comfortable like the E170. Good luck and let us know which way you choose.

Shiny Jet Syndrome much?

SkyWest pays more as an FO, and you have the rest of your life to fly highly automated airplanes. I wouldn't be in such a hurry.

I think the split in ORD on the 200 vs 700 is about 50/50. Maybe 60/40 but there is still plenty of 200 flying.

sweptback said:
Shiny Jet Syndrome much?

SkyWest pays more as an FO, and you have the rest of your life to fly highly automated airplanes. I wouldn't be in such a hurry.

How can you say SJS? All regionals fly jets, CHQ all jets, SW flys the "bro"

I would go where the commute is easy and upgrade is less than 10 years. Unless you want to stay an FO for life. Skywest may pay more for an FO, but being on reserve your only gonna get your min. CHQ your gonna hold a line pretty fast.

Just my .02

Baja, why would you want to work whrere there is NO union?? Maybey if your last job had a stronger one you wouldn't be flying 210's in Mexico.

When you apply at any of the Republic Airways holdings companies, Shuttle,Chautauqua,Republic, "Chatuttlepublic" They will not necessarily put you at Shuttle, they might put you at CHQ or Republic. I know we are hiring for all 3 certificates.

I just came from Original Shuttle off the Saab and I'm now at Republic. The 170 is great, very logical systems wise, excellent transition airplane if you have never flown a jet. Republic has gone very Senior as far as captains go. The most Sr. CHQ captains seem to be gravitating here. Great group of people to fly with. Very laid back bunch. The Mid-Atlantic guys are great fun as well.

Flight Safety does all the training for us. Orals & Box rides as well. Again most laid back training & Check ride I have ever had.

Good luck!!

Popeye0537 said:
Baja, why would you want to work whrere there is NO union?? Maybey if your last job had a stronger one you wouldn't be flying 210's in Mexico.

When I was there they didn't need a union - the company was straight with the employees and we were paid the same as the top regional. As for ALPA not being strong enough to get around furloughs - are you smoking crack? Get a grip dude....hope you are kidding. And BTW - they were C-207's. :bawling:

I still get a kick out of the fact that flying the little 207 paid twice what a regional f/0 makes....Almost even regional Capt pay...:laugh:

Baja.

Going2Baja said:
When I was there they didn't need a union - the company was straight with the employees and we were paid the same as the top regional. As for ALPA not being strong enough to get around furloughs - are you smoking crack? Get a grip dude....hope you are kidding. And BTW - they were C-207's. :bawling:

I still get a kick out of the fact that flying the little 207 paid twice what a regional f/0 makes....Almost even regional Capt pay...:laugh:

Baja.

Yeah, but then you cried when you had to convert the pesos into dollars.

EMB Skillz said:
Yeah, but then you cried when you had to convert the pesos into dollars.

Sorry bro....$1000USD for two days flying in a check and $500 +/- cash in tips for 6 days guiding. The only Pesos being spent were the bosses and I always had a smile on my face spending those :beer: .

Keep trying Skillz boy...BTW - Skills is spelled without the Z - unless you are trying to portray the gangsta' rap....KOOK!!

Baja.

If you would like some info regarding skywest interviews, PM me b/c I have a friend who works with the hiring dept.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back