• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest or ExpessJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe, just maybe I'll be seeing you at XJT. I was hired last week - but then today they said they losing 25 jets to Mexican flying. Needless to say this makes me extremely nervous. Did they give you a start date? They just said sometime in September for me, so I'm treading water, and wondering if I'll ever get out now.

11thHour said:
but then today they said they losing 25 jets to Mexican flying.

We did? I haven't seen a press release. If you take what you read on here as Gospel, I've got a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

Actually I just read about it at ExpressJetPilots.com But I cannot verify if it's valid or not. It seems strange to hire so many of us only to furlough. I asked in the interview about this very thing, and she seemed confident that they had a plan for the 69 planes. I am very excited about working there, so I hope things work out, and that I'm worried over nothing. Blue skies!

11thHour said:
Actually I just read about it at ExpressJetPilots.com But I cannot verify if it's valid or not. It seems strange to hire so many of us only to furlough. I asked in the interview about this very thing, and she seemed confident that they had a plan for the 69 planes. I am very excited about working there, so I hope things work out, and that I'm worried over nothing. Blue skies!

Well, if you believe the stuff on there, I'll throw in a statue as well.

11thHour said:

Yep, they may have a plan for those 69 airplanes. Whether or not it entails that XJet pilots will be flying them is an entirely different matter.

Its probably going to happen...25 of the older LRs re-leased to Aviasca....we pay CAL for the planes and Aviasca pays us that amount plus a little more I guess...so a profit for 25 of them, plus I am sure the training center will get in on the initial and recurrent trng. So, not the worst thing in the world- the company makes some cash and hopefully thinks about re-investing that cash into other airplanes or other ventures for the ExpressJet pilot group.

At least its not giving up the 25 to CAL and Chautauqua. Hopefully management knows what it is doing.

Now, 44 XRs to go...if you see us selling winglets at a garage sale in Houston, then we've got problems....

I was hired on the 18th too...the problem is I can't make it to orientation on the 30th. I emailed HR on Saturday and I'm waiting to hear back about an alternate day to do the paperwork and fingerprinting-type things. Anyone else not able to make it back to Houston on the 30th?

Hope to see y'all that were hired with me in class in September (whenever it begins!)

Apache 5 said:
At least its not giving up the 25 to CAL and Chautauqua. Hopefully management knows what it is doing.

Maybe CAL didn't want these a/c going to CHQ in the first place. Didn't they only sign a 2 year contract w/ CHQ. There's probably a reason for that, 2 years from now they could have an agreement in place with their own pilots to bring their own 170's or 190's online. Aren't they already replacing some of the 69 a/c with their own 737's? Which 50 seaters do you think would be the first to get swapped out if that happened?

At least this way they can find a home for these a/c outside the CAL/XJT family without shooting themselves in the foot.

With that said, I still haven't seen anyone verify this is true so for your guy's sake I hope this is all @#$@#$.

Dude...

TMoore2 said:
Well, thank you for all the post. I will be going to ExpressJet!

Give me a call when you need me to walk your resume in at SkyWest to get another interview. I think you just turned left when you should have went right. But who knows really? Best of luck to you though. I have a ton of friends over at XJT and I hope you guys can weather this sh#%.

And to all the "lowering the bar" talkers out there. I'm 4 months into my 2nd year here at SkyWest... on pace to pull in $46,000 (my lines average 13-14 days off) this year. I could make more if I tried to pick up anything. So I would like to know what you made when you were an F/O at the bottom of the industry ladder. If it was comparable then I guess you had already lowered the bar before I got here, so let me say thanks...if you made any more than that at a regional then you may have some ammo to your argument. But this job sure beats the 135 Lear job I had before.

Latest resources

Back