• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest or ExpessJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The latest class got based in SLC,DEN,COS,FAT and ORD... So saying you would be in ORD is not true.

paddlehigh said:
well if you you want to represent the bottom and fly a crj 200, 700, and 900 for the same price then go to skywest.

Get a life. Skywest is one of the best regionals to work for IMO. If you think shady stuff doesn't go on at other airlines, you need to wake up and smell the java. UPS flies 727s and 747s for the same rate. Do we represent the bottom too?

capt. megadeth said:
Get a life. Skywest is one of the best regionals to work for IMO. If you think shady stuff doesn't go on at other airlines, you need to wake up and smell the java. UPS flies 727s and 747s for the same rate. Do we represent the bottom too?

Capt. Megadeth,

Can you get me a hook up @ UPS....I'd give anything, including my firstborn, to get an interview and the chance to fly those 727's & 747's for the same rate..........Online App on file...more than qualified!!!!

PM me...Thanks...Corporate Hawk

Goto skywest, they need the help raising industry standards! I group them if the same category as Mesa as far as pay for bigger aircraft goes. I'm sure someday they will fly 747s for 50 seat pay if it means they will get more 747s.

capt. megadeth said:

Pretty poor comparison is you ask me.

Pilots a UPS can fly a narrow body aircraft for a comparative wide body wage. Not the highest in the industry (pax or cargo) but one of THE highest.

Skywest pilot are flying a 90 seat aircraft for a 50 seat wage. If they were to be getting paid what Horizon or Comair pays for a 70 seat rate to fly 50 seats, you analogy might be better.

Last edited:
dojetdriver said:
Pretty poor comparison is you ask me.

Pilots a UPS can fly a narrow body aircraft for a comparative wide body wage. Not the highest in the industry (pax or cargo) but one of THE highest.

Skywest pilot are flying a 90 seat aircraft for a 50 seat wage. If they were to be getting paid what Horizon or Comair pays for a 70 seat rate to fly 50 seats, you analogy might be better.

Ok fine but I still think Skywest is one of the best commuters to work for regardless of the same pay rate for 200, 700, etc.

Knob said:
Goto skywest, they need the help raising industry standards! I group them if the same category as Mesa as far as pay for bigger aircraft goes. I'm sure someday they will fly 747s for 50 seat pay if it means they will get more 747s.

Hey Knob (appropriate name by the way)...newsflash!!! The pilots don't really have a say in their pay rates Einstein. Before you give me the "if they had a union they would", give it up. Union or not, companies will blackmail you into the payrate they want. Seeing that ASA wants a lot of things Skywest has proves that ALPO isn't really going to help Skywest if it was voted in. Unfortunately these days companies have an upper hand. It's not like Skywest pilots walk around salivating at the chance to fly a bigger airplane for the same rate as long as they get to fly a bigger airplane......at least not the ones I know.

Skywest. I work for XJT and see this place going down the tube in 07. There are no plans for the 69 planes, regardless of what all the kool aid drinkers say.

Latest resources

Back