• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest MRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah...out of touch...and more than I thought...

nah, not out of touch, maybe you need that crutch or to hold your little hand, I don't, we did it before under 135 with no problems, even easier now with smart phones for radar and weather, hell give us iPads and everything would be on it

If you think you can do four, five, six or seven leg days with 25 minute turns at outstations and 45 minute turns at the hubs without the dispatchers....yeah, you are seriously out of touch with reality...get off that pedestal, you are not that good...

Yes, because I'm sure fltplan.com knows every airlines' OpsSpecs. HAHA, GTFO!

As fltplan.com is set up for general aviation, you are correct. It was merely an example. Pick whatever software you want, the DX job can be done by anyone with a certain level of aviation literacy, a phone, and internet access.

If not outright obsolescence, the profession is at least, reasonably prone to outsourcing.

Everything you list could be done by the VP of Culture, in their spare time.....

The same could be said about our jobs - if everything is going good.

I'm guessing the dispatch function, or a derivative thereof, will be around long after manned cockpits. Hopefully that won't be until about 2024.

F-100 as in Sabre, not Fokker.

Yes that's what I was referring to, the Super Sabre. Sorry about that. You fly it in England or the states? Col Bud Day was shot down in one, FastFac I think the mission was. Still a good lucking fighter!

They hired flight attendants into the last dispatcher class...

That's all I have to offer to this.

Flight attendants....!

They hired flight attendants into the last dispatcher class...

That's all I have to offer to this.

Flight attendants....!

So? Look at Southwest; if they're internal, and they have their rating, they'll hire them even if they were the janitor in the men's room. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you have the drive. And they get paid hansomely, and get RESPECT, to boot.

So? Look at Southwest; if they're internal, and they have their rating, they'll hire them even if they were the janitor in the men's room. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you have the drive. And they get paid hansomely, and get RESPECT, to boot.

They get respect when the computer systems crash.. and that never happens

Latest resources

Back