• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest MRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think you can do four, five, six or seven leg days with 25 minute turns at outstations and 45 minute turns at the hubs without the dispatchers....yeah, you are seriously out of touch with reality...get off that pedestal, you are not that good...

Hate to break it to ya, but we did eight, nine, or ten leg days with 25:rolleyes: minute turns at outstations and hubs at SkyWest airlines.... yeah, without a single dispatcher on the property!

Yes that's what I was referring to, the Super Sabre. Sorry about that. You fly it in England or the states? Col Bud Day was shot down in one, FastFac I think the mission was. Still a good lucking fighter!

Nothing too glamorous, just a weekend warrior with the Missouri Air Guard, 1962-66. My military time was sandwiched between Korea and Vietnam. I never saw any action, unless you count dogfights in a MOA over southeast Missouri.

I don't know if this is true today, but the thing I always noticed about DX's, is that none of them ever planned to be DX's. They generally were aviation junkies, that either couldn't pass a medical, ran out of money for flight training, or found out doing stalls in a Cessna 150 wasn't what they had in mind when setting out to become an airline pilot. DX was their career of default. The last hope of a white collar airline job, with a FAA certificate that validated their status as a professional.

Hey, if you would much rather talk to Rajesh over in India, then I hope you get your wish. It wont kill my hopes and aspirations any. Some of us just don't have the requisite God Complex that comes with being a pilot. But this item I'm tracking on eBay closes in two minutes, so I have to go. Good day!

I appreciate dispatchers. The only thing I DON'T like is the blurring of lines between who is in control of the flight, and who is in control of the aircraft.

the PILOT is in control of the aircraft and flight plan, you just have to stand up for what you want, if you don't like their numbers just tell 'em aeroplane ain't going nowhere til you get your way! :crying:

Nothing too glamorous, just a weekend warrior with the Missouri Air Guard, 1962-66. My military time was sandwiched between Korea and Vietnam. I never saw any action, unless you count dogfights in a MOA over southeast Missouri.

still you were fortunate to fly a classic fighter, along with the other fighters listed, thanks for your service

the PILOT is in control of the aircraft and flight plan, you just have to stand up for what you want, if you don't like their numbers just tell 'em aeroplane ain't going nowhere til you get your way! :crying:

One of the best things that has ever been said to me- "Never get angry in an argument you know you are going to win".

One of the best things that has ever been said to me- "Never get angry in an argument you know you are going to win".

As told to me by another airline pilot, "Those four stripes mean you never have to raise your voice. If you only have three, no worries, three means you get to defer to four, and still never need to raise your voice."

Latest resources

Back