• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Moms to clean planes.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can maybe see employees helping out a bit, but not their parents......Stupid. They worked hard enough raising you to be a good employee. If the Stews can't handle it, raise the pay and find some that can. What is the difference when there are 50 revenue passengers and 50 non revs? I guess the stews would rather have all non revs so she can do NOTHING. I bet our Delta old a$$ stews would LOVE to have your SkyWest "rules"----they would sit back and laugh, just like they do enroute.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As a J/S 'er or non rev, I will make sure I pickup behind myself and cross my seatbelt, stop by the flight deck and thank the crew AGAIN on the way off the airplane, (just as I do coming on board) It is appreciated....I never told my parents to clean a cabin though, maybe bake some cookies, that Might help......Lame thread, agreed

Oh, we are so lucky to have the wisdom of a 'captain' the eminence of Crashpad so as to regale us with his flights of fancy, however: 1) it's not SkyWest policy, nor rules as GL paraphrased (misguided though it is); 2) it's appreciated on SkyWest airplanes, and I've never heard any internal mention of doing it on a mainline (from anybody in the company); 3) perhaps the new guy's mom misunderstood the intent or the message was relayed in a not-so-clear manner. Nonetheless, for one who spouts about professionalism and education, your example of restituion, punishment and to a lesser extent your grammar (et al.), speak more to your credibility than your faux profile. Curious--how would you ensure the 'peachfuzz waffleheads' stick around and clean your plane post facto--talk about something that would lead you to your Chief's office regarding ethical malbehavior. Does it feel good to rip on other pilots--or just make stuff up--just to have people join your lack-of-anyhting-useful gala?

I'll be doing ORD to CMH, DAY, & DSM all week--you're more than welcome to come find this in our 'rulebook/policy manual' (I'll lend you anything you need to make your point valid) and I, nor likely others, would neither ask you to help with belts nor expect it. While I do call onto the carpet SKYW folks who are deadheading for not participating in the belt party--I've never questioned not-on-the-clock non-revs. Nonetheless, your imagination is impressive.

The larger question regarding expectations of non-revs may be valid, but your specifc point is without merit, and honestly, your fancy is weak.

Last edited:
acaTerry said:
Apparently, so is an education. Most 2nd grade students can spell that.

I fixed it. Do you feel like a big man for being the 2nd person to find my spelling error?

As others have mentioned, cleaning the cabin is more of a favor to the FA's than anything else. It would be nice to help them out a little and help clean up or fold seatbelts on your way out.

KO King said:
Who said it was priviledge....dummy??? Not me....fact of the matter is I will not tell my parents to help out just because they non rev'd. They did enough to help me get to this point. If you dont agree with me I dont give a $hit. When I non rev I always help out but I am not going to make my parents cross seat belts....ridiculous. We will have to agree to disagree!

Not you Viking said that Dummy!!

Superpilot92 said:
Not you Viking said that Dummy!!
Who is Viking?

And why do people who can't spell privilege call each other "dummy"?

I'm gonna go back to listening to the neighborhood 5-yr-olds argue about which car is faster so I can get a break from this silliness.

Since I'm already here ... Anybody who would expect a Mom to cross seatbelts and collect trash has NO respect, no SELF-Respect. I would be embarrassed to see such a sight. Good grief. :rolleyes:

viper548 said:
Do you think it is her god given right to ride for free? It's a privilege, and to show a little gratitude SkyWest non-revs help fold seatbelts and pick up loose trash in the cabin.

Sorry i meant viper!!

I think it is a professional courtsey to keep YOUR seat clean when non reving and not make a mess. I personaly make sure my seat is clear of any trash and the seat belt is crossed, but this is just my way of thanking the CREW for the ride.

Latest resources

Back