• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest may seek merger with rival airline ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Jet University stole all their potential business. With regional hiring with a wet commercial cert, I can't imagine GIA getting any more PFT'ers.
Actually, that's exactly what happened. The guys that own JetU are actually the guys that used to run the GIA Academy for Tom Cooper. They had a falling out with Cooper over money, so they left and started JetU. They even used the old GIA Academy building that Cooper abandoned when he couldn't afford it anymore. Now JetU has stolen all of the potential GIA PFTers.

When the PCL CNC goes to the bargaining table, PCL management doesn't throw down the GIA contract on the table. They throw down the Skywest "employee handbook" with the same payrates for 50-99 seat airplanes and say "the non-union Skywest pilots do it for the same rate, so you should too."

That would be a nice raise for the PCL guys if they get SKW rates....

That would be a nice raise for the PCL guys if they get SKW rates....
I'm betting that the -900 rates that the arbitrator is about to reward are going to be higher than the simple "override" that the Skywest pilots get.

I'm betting that the -900 rates that the arbitrator is about to reward are going to be higher than the simple "override" that the Skywest pilots get.

....I'll take that bet......

it's also important to remember that PCL said he'd rather work for Mesa than SkyWest.

Latest resources

Back