SkyWest may seek merger with rival airline ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is called a GOOD CONTRACT….
If SKYWEST buys EXPRESSJET, they must honor the terms of the contract ie.. pay rates, work rules and the integration of the seniority lists.
ExpressJet Pilots will make more money for flying 50 seat airplanes…

you might want to review the definition of scab, as it isn't a word that should be thrown around without sufficient reason. skywest pilots never flew struck work, and there is no reason to suggest that skywest is an alter ego with low pay and crappy working conditions that is taking jobs away from other pilots. last time i checked, there were no skywest pilots involved witht the decision of buying ASA, or of flying Midwest express in place of a fleet that their management wanted to get rid of. do everyone in the industry a favor, and don't point fingers to blame the industry's problems on someone else. you my friend are a great cause of the biggest problem we have, a split group of pilots industry wide with very little desire to fix problems, but only to blame them on someone else. and don't throw in my face the fact that skywest pilots voted ALPA down, I am one person with only one vote.

No but you guys sure enabled it....

you might want to review the definition of scab
From the Merriam-Webster dictionary: b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union

Oh great, people on the Regional board at Flightinfo.com are once again getting pissed off about stuff that has yet to, and probably never will, happen.

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary: b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union
I never refused. Does that mean I'm still a SkyWest scab? Does that mean you want to see me lose my job as you stated earlier? I was a yes vote, but I will probably not be the next time around because of the mentality of some ALPA members. I know they are probably to vocal minority, but it doesn't sound like an organization I want anything to do with after seeing some attitudes...

I never refused. Does that mean I'm still a SkyWest scab?
I wasn't calling anyone a scab. The guy said that it doesn't fit the definition, and technically, he's incorrect. But personally, I have nothing against anyone that voted YES, and I certainly don't consider you a scab. I have the utmost respect for the people that did the right thing and voted YES. For the people that didn't vote, not so much.

I never refused. Does that mean I'm still a SkyWest scab? Does that mean you want to see me lose my job as you stated earlier? I was a yes vote, but I will probably not be the next time around because of the mentality of some ALPA members. I know they are probably to vocal minority, but it doesn't sound like an organization I want anything to do with after seeing some attitudes...

PCL128, Rez, are you listening...... Y'all are doing more harm than good..... Is this the message you are trying to deliver?

....and from the same source......

(4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

How does that definition fit with you paying to sit in the right seat at Gulfstream?

Who is doing more harm to the profession?....

you might want to review the definition of scab, as it isn't a word that should be thrown around without sufficient reason. skywest pilots never flew struck work, and there is no reason to suggest that skywest is an alter ego with low pay and crappy working conditions that is taking jobs away from other pilots. last time i checked, there were no skywest pilots involved witht the decision of buying ASA, or of flying Midwest express in place of a fleet that their management wanted to get rid of. do everyone in the industry a favor, and don't point fingers to blame the industry's problems on someone else. you my friend are a great cause of the biggest problem we have, a split group of pilots industry wide with very little desire to fix problems, but only to blame them on someone else. and don't throw in my face the fact that skywest pilots voted ALPA down, I am one person with only one vote.
While I agree that you guys arent scabs. All I would have to say is that you guys now are going to be flying what I would call unemployed work. My 2cents

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back