Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest May be interested in Comair? Price--1 peso?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blah blah blah if it means staying out of a cockpit with the likes of El General, then I loooove my 50 seat barbie jet

General Lee is the type that, IF he actually left his hotel room on an overnight would return from the hotel bar with his front teeth missing. (In a perfect world)

I am way too tall to get my teeth punched out. It would be like trying to hit a giraffe in the face. Actually, I kinda look like a giraffe or Lurch from the Addam's Family. 6'4" and I weigh about a buck fity. Chicks dig me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thats pretty much everyone who has gone to Dumpta from a regional. They forget where they came from and how they got to where they are now. In fact, there is a guy who posts here quite regularly who was at ASA for 12 or so years, and now he bags on regionals. There is a second guy who was a big supporter of the RJDC and somehow he slipped through Delta's foolproof interview process and now he's God and everyone else is a low life. I don't understand how that happens. I used to be a freight dog but I don't hate them because I left and moved on. In fact, I quite enjoy talking to them and miss the lifestyle and the good guys who worked there.

I find it funny that some of the biggest egotistical jerks out here (such as the one you quote) commute on RJ's to work and back home. They won't say hi in the terminal, bash on you trying to make a living, but are your best friend when they walk into your cockpit for a ride home.

Sure, there are guys like that at every airline. You can try to get personal with attacks at people that disagree with you, and still totally miss the fact that he/she is correct. Sorry, I am correct. Forgetting where I come from you say? I hope there are more mainline jobs as a result of the regionals becomming more inefficient and costs going up. Mainline jobs are BETTER jobs. Better pay, better benefits, and better variety. Many on this regional board just want to keep that left seat and get bigger planes while not having to try to advance the same way everyone else did it before RJs were around. And you call Delta Dumpta? You obviously work somewhere else, and that is a good thing. Bye now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

blah blah blah if it means staying out of a cockpit with the likes of El General, then I loooove my 50 seat barbie jet

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Thats pretty much everyone who has gone to Dumpta from a regional. They forget where they came from and how they got to where they are now. In fact, there is a guy who posts here quite regularly who was at ASA for 12 or so years, and now he bags on regionals. There is a second guy who was a big supporter of the RJDC and somehow he slipped through Delta's foolproof interview process and now he's God and everyone else is a low life. I don't understand how that happens. I used to be a freight dog but I don't hate them because I left and moved on. In fact, I quite enjoy talking to them and miss the lifestyle and the good guys who worked there.

I find it funny that some of the biggest egotistical jerks out here (such as the one you quote) commute on RJ's to work and back home. They won't say hi in the terminal, bash on you trying to make a living, but are your best friend when they walk into your cockpit for a ride home.

He bags the regionals in general, not the people. Very huge difference. Don't be so soft skinned. You all sound like a bunch of jealous, whining babies when you complain about all this. Regional airlines suck.

With an eventual new contract (initial negotiations start soon) and huge retirements in the next 3-5 years (not everyone going to 65), I would say many of the pilots could come from the Military (what's left) and pilots from other airlines, probably LCCs and maybe other legacies. There will be huge advancement in some years with over 800 pilots leaving due to retirements. That would be huge for pay and airplane size. A lot of current LCCs have very few retirements in the near future scheduled, which means stagnation. I just don't think it will be too hard to attract qualified people. Now new starts at the regionals, that will be a lot tougher. Your regional costs are very tight because the airlines you feed DEMAND it. If your costs go up, you could lose your flying. Those new rules will make it harder for your airlines to stay efficient enough to keep long term contracts, since you can't offer enough money right now to attract higher time pilots. IF you do raise the rates (which would be good for all pilots), your airlines will have to cut elsewhere to cover it, and that means shutting down other flights that aren't as profitable. SkyWest is trying to get so big that it would hurt the legacies if they decided to kick SkyWest to the curb. Regardless, the loss of 50 seaters and new hiring and rest rules aren't going to help the Regional industry at all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's interesting...I guess we all look for what we want to see in our own crystal balls.

At the same time your predicting higher costs at the regional partners...you predict that DALs costs will increase too (higher pay)...probably even disproportionately higher than at the regional partners.

So...I don't understand how if DAL crews get more expensive (higher pay for domestic crews) and lower paid regional partner crews get more expensive...we wind up with anything other than a wash?

It's going to get more expensive to operate ANY airline over the next 3-5 years.

<shrug>

I suppose we'll see.

I pretty much have to agree with Say Again's post above.
First, he has one of the better avatars on FI.
Second, yes regional airlines suck. The QOL for crews at stalwarts like CMR, XJT, SKW, CHQ and ASA has rapidly declined in recent times. What a remarkably different
picture from just a few years ago. Will be interesting to see what the future holds.

50-seat RJ = dinosaur....

Hate to say it, but I agree with GL.

It's all about managing and spreading costs, baby. The regional industry is in for some big changes going forward as 50 seat jets become even more uneconomical (especially if fuel costs increase). That is why SKW is trying to both build its negotiating leverage and diversify its customer portfolio. They can see the writing on the wall. 50 seat RJs will only work when there is no route competition - otherwise you can't spread the operating costs easily over the 50 seats and still make a decent profit. You need high fares to do that and competition reduces those fares. Putting an RJ on a competitive route just doesn't make much sense.

Expect more Q400s and ATR72s in the future - cheaper to operate and more seats to spread the costs over. I can see CR9s and E170s gaining in popularity (due to low cost and operating flexibility/range) but scope clauses probably reduce their potential fleet growth. On the positive side, that should hopefully translate into more mainline jobs if airlines start incorporating E170/190 and C-Series sized aircraft into their mainline operations...

Latest resources

Back