Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest May be interested in Comair? Price--1 peso?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yet the funny thing is, while they change airlines for a penny, including some insane 2/3/4 airline 15 minute different terminal connection schemes, they amazingly have no problem blowing 7 bucks on a vented coffechino, 6 bucks on a quarter ounce of beef jerkey with a sample sized piece of Toblerone or 25 additional bucks for a heavy bag fee because their checked bag is a few ounces over the limit and they don't want to throw away one cheap bottle of conditioner (actually saw this in line once).

Go figure.

please don't quote General I have him on my IGNORaumus list. I don't want to even see his mentally ill rants. Thank you in advance.

But seriously, everyone around here knows not to take me seriously. I really hope that everyone gets from their career what they expected, especially those senior pilots at Comair. I mean that with all due respect.

Bye Bye--General Lee

...but every now and then the General shows that he has a sense of true civility.

This is like ground hog day, the GL and on your six, have both been predicting the end of RJ's for almost 10yrs now.

On a daily basis.

They are right though, your RJs are starting to go away. Do you deny that? Go look at the boneyards in CA and AZ. 50 seaters all around, and more coming. And smaller RJs are even more extinct. How about the Expressjet E135s? They are all sitting in Kingman, AZ. Eagle will probably park their's next (E135s). Delta is now starting to park the Saabs at Mesaba too. And, those new work rules and rest rules won't be great for you guys. Maybe you should listen more to those guys. And, work on moving up the ladder instead of sitting still and hoping for larger planes.

It all comes down to scope. With the bottom falling out of the 50 seat market/former growth frenzy, we're seeing a dramatic increase in the 70-76 seat market. In addition, the entire regional industry is chomping at the bit to fly 77+ seaters by any means necessary. It will take some hard core bargaining by the legacy MEC's to either secure that new flying in house or to prevent it's existance altogether. Mainline managements will throw tons of cookies targeted at 51% of the pilot groups and/or NC's to get this flying. The only way to prevent it WILL be to turn down bigger raises in good times and settle for smaller raises or maybe even no raises, or in bad times to accept larger cuts.

The current DAL 85 big RJ and UCAL 50 seater scope issues are prime examples of where the priorities of MEC/NC's reside and show a great deal of intent for future negotiations. By their deeds you shall judge them. Watch how these two scenarios are handeled in times of profits and cooperation needed from pilot groups. If scope (outsourcing) reversal doesn't start happening now, it likely never will.

Those larger RJ concessions were brought about by BK, not by MECs wanted to allow it. With healthier legacies, it will be hard to try to pry more of them away from the mainline unions. Look at Continental and United, both are doing better and both have a contract coming up, which I am sure will have tougher scope provisions. As I said, any give backs for scope in recent past (last 10 years) were due to the BK process only.

And if history can be used as any sort of guide...

The History of recent scope give backs included the BK process. Do you forsee that happening again anytime soon? Most legacies are now making money hand over fist, and paying down debt.

It didn't take you long to show up in another General thread. Lame.

eP.

I still haven't seen a good response from you yet. It's like you really can't think of anything to say, or retort to either of those two guys. It's like you turn to jam and start babbling like a tard. You must be intimidated.

Actually the best solution is for all the flying to be at mainline; big jet, little jet, prop. With no codesharing. That's it plain and simple. Suck it all up in one big Ross Perot thhhooppp!!

But, be dumb enough to allow one little Caravan fly around on a mainline ticket, and the cancer will spread again.

General; are you willing to do that?

If not, then game on. I'm less expensive, but a much safer and better pilot than you. May the best man win.

Wow, this guy is a piece of work. You are less expensive, and you are proud of it. You just earned "top cheeze ball suck up pilot" from every management out there. They love you. Well, at least you are SAFER and a BETTER pilot than the General....???? You also have 3 testies and a boob on your back. And if you are still at a regional, you probably have lost already when you compare your contract to a mainline contract. I wouldn't say "game on" if I were you. All you need to do is look at the regional industry and the "race to the bottom", loss of guaranteed profits (no more fee for departure), and upcoming changes to work rules and hiring hours. Really, you should stop bragging. I fly for a rich corporate owner, make a lot more than you do probably, and have a great schedule. Maybe you should look to corporate for your next job, it might be a great improvement.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back