• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the UEX side of the house, PDX, SMF, FAT, MRY, SBP, SBA, PSP, SAN, and DEN (all Brasilia domiciles). FAT is also a jet domicile. On the Delta Connection side it is SLC for both Brasilia and jet. Pilots are free to go from one side to the other without restriction.

Andy,

About how much notice can we expect to receive when we are finally invited to class? Also, what criteria are used to determine who in the pool gets selected for class first (i.e. date of interview, experience, points total)?

Tailwinds...

Also, when ASA's contract is signed and ratified, will SkyWest match the EMB-120 pay increase? Any thoughts?

Tailwinds...

Genrally speaking, SkyWest brings people into class according to interview date. There are exceptions which mostly involve last minute notifications to fill last minute cancellations. Normally, students are notified 2-3 weeks prior of the class date with 24 hours notice being common among the last minute folks.

SkyWest management is committed to providing the leading total compensation package among its competitors flying our type equipment. When we reach the end of our current pay schedule (June 2003), I imagine the pilot group will look at the best packages out there and say "Match this."

Yea, nothing like riding on the "coat tails" of the union carriers and then turning around a raping the DFW hub! Yea, yea....I know you "can't turn down the flying" its not your decision after all where you fly.

I am not bashing Sky West pilots as a group, just those that prefer to wait for the ALPA groups to negotiate a better deal then run to mgmt. and say "match this or else we will get ALPA on the property!!!"

With our contract at ASA coming due in Sept. is sure is nice for them to get as much Skywest flying out of DFW as quickly as possible so we have no leverage. Which is kind of ironic because when it comes time for us to negotiate we will get less, which in turn means you can't run to your mgmt. and get that big raise we tried to get because you raided our hub. Kind of like chasing you tail, huh?

Good luck to all

asarjfo,

Before you assume Skywest is raiding your DFW domicile prior to contract negotiations you should take a look at your Comair brothers first. What happend to Delta's connection business in CVG when Comair went on strike - It brought that side to it knees.

So along comes mother Delta again and says ACA will do some more flying out of CVG - we don't want all our eggs in one basket sorta speak. No talk of raiding by Comair pilots I hope - they have lots of flying. We (ACA, ASA, Comair, Skywest) are all at Delta's beck and call. This domicile re-alignment is not orchastrated by one regional - only by Delta itself. Besides, what's this about Delta saying the majority of regional flying is going to the best company in the end.

I can't stand hearing one pilot group in the Delta family complaining about anothers presence - especially WHEN YOUR STILL FLYING JUST AS MUCH. A lot is going to happen in the next year and we're all getting shuffled around, ACA is already operating 20 flight out of CVG with plans for a maintenace base. As long as the flying's there we can't be complaining. If you get furloghed while Skywest keeps flying - then you've got a point.

Regards,

AirBoard

TO QUOTE.......

"Also, when ASA's contract is signed and ratified, will SkyWest match the EMB-120 pay increase? Any thoughts?

Tailwinds...

AND AGAIN.....
"SkyWest management is committed to providing the leading total compensation package among its competitors flying our type equipment. When we reach the end of our current pay schedule (June 2003), I imagine the pilot group will look at the best packages out there and say "Match this."

I was simply responding to the above posts regarding how some of the Skywest pilots go about "negotiating" new pay rates and how that affects the other union Delta Connection groups. The last time I checked the Deltamatic, ASA has one new city scheduled for FEB and one for MAR compared to the 5 or 6 for Skywest. I realize "mother Delta" is just protecting their best interests, but it sure makes it easy when they can grow the non-union company. I am happy that we have not furloughed, but not to happy about the fact that upgrades are almost a thing of the past and there is no end to that in sight. If Delta plans on spreading the flying around, why has ASA not moved into SLC and CVG....could it be because our contract is coming up? I just think in the long run Skywest will hurt the rest of us as long as the pilot group remains non-union.

:D

I have to agree with ASARJFO. It's awful easy to sit back and let someone else do the grunt work of raising the bar and then capitalize on our efforts without so much as a "Thank you very much." It's especially annoying when they also say that they are proudly a nonunion shop. Do they have the right to do so? Yep, it's a free country. It still pisses me off. What makes it even harder is that I have some very close friends that fly for SkyWest. I know the pilots don't make the marketing decisions, but they do control whether or not they are going to be a union shop. So far they seem to prefer sitting in the stands and getting their names on the trophy without even suiting up for the game.

caveman.... before we get off on another union debate, ask your friends at skywest how close the last ALPA vote was. they'll tell you it lost by 1%. try and not make broad generalizations about "all" those non-union skywest pilots. there are a lot of us here that want to see a union (maybe not ALPA) at skywest. thanks.. -sr.

Latest resources

Back