• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Inc. On The Prowl For Further Aquisitions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And nothing that XJT did or did not do caused that loss. WX cancels were a huge factor, they did some early heavy checks on CRJ's(not cheap) and a couple other things I dont remember, however XJT was NOT mentioned as a reason that SKW inc lost money.

I agree, but just think they have to much on the plate.. Untill things settle down and D0/A14 nmbers are up and stable they won't do anything.

I agree, but these guys sound proud (I might be wrong, it's tough to read emotion) and will make no effort to try pursuade their companies to take on the pilots. There is this funny thing called unions. If an ALPA carrier is purchased, I would hope to hell that they make a play to get their fellow union guys jobs after an "asset transfer". I understand pilots have no say in whether or not a carrier is purchased, but there is no reason they have to sit by and let it happen either.

No sense in getting all worked up when there is nothing you can do about it. Like "BOX OFFICE" said, they are corporate decisions. Assets only aquisition would suck for those on the losing end for sure and what do you expect the pilots to do. The pilots will know about the aquisition after the deal has been completed, so not sure what you mean by, "sit by and let it happen." I am pretty sure the "details" will have already been worked out with the union, if there is a union involved, before the deal is finalized.

No sense in getting all worked up when there is nothing you can do about it.

Is this the phrase of the year? It's completely ridiculous. I am not all worked up about this thread, but that statement makes no sense. There was nothing I could do about getting furloughed due to corporate greed, but damn straight I got worked up about it. There is nothing I can do about the diminishing value of my house, but you better believe I am worked up about it (only because I am trying to move). If I was at Horizon, and the purchasing company said they wanted my airplanes without me, you know I would be worked up about it...yes, even if there was nothing I could do about it.

Horizon, Eagle, Comair, Mesa? No, no, no and no.

It's Republic Air Holdings. Keep it on the DL, please.

Erlanger gets it right WAY TO OFTEN! In fact, I buy and sell stock based on his posts!

Latest resources

Back