• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Inc. On The Prowl For Further Aquisitions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah... Skywest will buy Comair's assets, then offer preferential hiring to Comair pilots. Sorry guys. Sucks.

Not even preferential hiring, just preferential interviews. You know, to be told to go phoque ourselves to our face.

Skywest buying Eagle? Really don't see that happening. The price tag would be way too high with an enormous amount of unhappy employees and very high operating costs. (AMR complaint)

AMR divesting Eagle while Skywest slowly becomes an AA regional partner? Much more believable. And would only take four or five years to complete.

This business just gets worst and worst for employees. Good luck to us all.

Last edited:
Not even preferential hiring, just preferential interviews. You know, to be told to go phoque ourselves to our face.

I hate so say it, but I agree. A company like Skywest does not hire 100% of those interviewed. It would interesting to see these days what percentage do.

I love this "assets only" talk. You sound so proud about that type of deal. You understand that if an "assets only" deal takes place, you are screwing your fellow pilots, right? Also, what happened to 9E buying Horizon? Mark my words, if 9E buys them, I will want fair integration of their pilots.

And since I have been preaching DOH with our deal I will say the exact same thing if 9E buys Horizon-and they are VERY senior.

When ACA decided to try that with "Indy Air" they got pounded by every Legacy. Just pounded. Gone. Go try it if you want.

OYS

Wow, you mil guys just can't think outside the box, can you? I mean really? You think Atkins would try to duplicate indy? Wow, he's so stupid! How did he ever become a billionaire?

Or... maybe... he's going to wait for SWA to go national (oh wait, they already are), Virgin to merge with ... say Jet Blue, then he's going to get SkyWest some Airbus 319s and Bombardier C-Series then fill that niche in the West that all those former low cost carriers used to fill? Of course, all the RJ flying will be sent to the ASA/ExpressJet/Eagle/whatever airline he acquires next division.

But what do I know. I'm just a stupid girl.

Box,
Big Jerry ain't a billion, more like a millionaire. He is good, just a little bit better than all the others, he isn't a Herb K. SKYW made its mark by being a little better than the rest, and that happened because, EVERYONE, not just SGU did a little bit more than necessary to get the job done. Not so much anymore, SKYW pilots pioneered the Platinum Day, as well as Scheduled Sick Days, most of the rest of the employees have their own version of these days. Proof DEN ramp has a 40% no show on the first big snow day.
If SKYW were to go out on their own we would be in BK within a year. All the stuff that gets swept under the rug so profits can continue would be moot if we were on our own. Example, SKWY will run a flight 4 hours late so they get the completition under the contract, on your own, it becomes meaningless and cost prohibitive. SKYW is currently in contract exploitation mode, to have to go on our own would be an instant disaster.
PBR

Skywest to buy Horizon assets only but deal is several months away. Nothing to happen till there is a Q400 payscale in place. Skywest is only offering CRJ rates to fly it.

So do you have a choice? Maybe QX can lower the bar so RJ rates look appealing. Crack that Whip!

Latest resources

Back