• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest, Inc. - ATW's Regional Airline of the Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember that chick dispatcher, don't recall her name. Talk about useless! Shewrote all those ridiculous comments on the release? Used to threaten Capt's when they wouldn't accept a plane like an inop APU when it's 34 c out there. Or argue over fuel loads. Think LN straightened her out! :smash:

I don't doubt you, but how does a dispatcher threaten a Captain? I would be laughing at a dispatcher trying to lean on a pilot. I get it if it was someone well known and high up on the flight ops side as far as laying pressure on a pilot, but a dispatcher? I hope no one caved.

I don't doubt you, but how does a dispatcher threaten a Captain? I would be laughing at a dispatcher trying to lean on a pilot. I get it if it was someone well known and high up on the flight ops side as far as laying pressure on a pilot, but a dispatcher? I hope no one caved.

Russ,

Would your union have backed you up in a dispute? Oh, never mind....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why would you even think to raise that question GL? I've refused my share of planes, uploaded more fuel as I saw fit and have never once had my actions questioned by anyone. Why would you try to answer a question asked of someone else at another airline? It's time to act like a man approaching 50 years old. It's liberating not act like a 23 year old anymore.

Why would you even think to raise that question GL? I've refused my share of planes, uploaded more fuel as I saw fit and have never once had my actions questioned by anyone. Why would you try to answer a question asked of someone else at another airline? It's time to act like a man approaching 50 years old. It's liberating not act like a 23 year old anymore.

Russ, what makes you think General Flea is even 23? Most of his/her gibberish is juvenile at best...

I don't doubt you, but how does a dispatcher threaten a Captain?

Usually this one (andother disphs) did by saying you would have to go see the CP, or some other BS like we don't have any spares etc. Unfortunately we have Capt's who give in cause they " don't want to rock the boat". :rolleyes:

I don't believe that these sort of threats happen anyway. I've never heard of it regardless of union/non-union. Usually it's more like intimidation. Something like having to talk to a Cheif pilot after calling scheduling to say you are sick. It's not for the purpose to change your mind about calling in sick (usually), but more about planting that little seed in your head for the future. Many people without rights afforded to them by being in a union don't want to deal with the hassle and red tape of these situations. Of course, each person'a mileage may vary.

Latest resources

Back