• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How so Twotter? You going to punch somebody? Take their picture? YOU FLEW RJ'S YOU SCUMBAG!

I've bitten my tongue enough on this.

I'm a SkyWest FO. I'm on the ALPA organizing committee. I DON"T LIKE THIS FLYING ONE BIT. I DROPPED A TRIP AND LOST $$ ON THIS! Please explain to me how you are going to further your cause by sh!tting on the lowest man on the totem pole, for flying a legal trip, in order to keep YOUR scope intact. WTF do you want us to do? Quit? Me, a regional FO who SUPPORTS what you are standing for! I am so TIRED of your SHAMELESS CHEST THUMPING! WHERE THE HE!! DOES IT SHOW ME CHOOSING THE ROUTES I FLY??? YOU SUGGEST WE DECLINE THESE LEGAL FLIGHTS YET OFFER NO WORDS OF PERSONAL SUPPORT! YOU INSULT ME AND IN THE SAME BREATH --ORDER-- ME TO UPHLD A CONTRACT IN WHICH I AM NOT A PARTY. BTW TWOTTTER GOOD JOB ON CHOOSING THE CAL ROUTE STRUCTURE! EXCELLENT JOB MY FRIEND!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS THIS CHILDISH!??!

CAN WE NOT WORK TOGETHER???

How so Twotter? You going to punch somebody? Take their picture? YOU FLEW RJ'S YOU SCUMBAG!

I'm a SkyWest FO. I'm on the ALPA organizing committee. I DON"T LIKE THIS FLYING ONE BIT. I DROPPED A TRIP AND LOST $$ ON THIS! Please explain to me how you are going to further your cause by sh!tting on the lowest man on the totem pole, for flying a legal trip, in order to keep YOUR scope intact. WTF do you want us to do? Quit? Me, a regional FO who SUPPORTS what you are standing for! I am so TIRED of your SHAMELESS CHEST THUMPING! WHERE THE HE!! DOES IT SHOW ME CHOOSING THE ROUTES I FLY??? YOU SUGGEST WE DECLINE THESE LEGAL FLIGHTS YET OFFER NO WORDS OF PERSONAL SUPPORT! YOU INSULT ME AND IN THE SAME BREATH --ORDER-- ME TO UPHLD A CONTRACT IN WHICH I AM NOT A
PARTY. BTW TWOTTTER GOOD JOB ON CHOOSING THE CAL ROUTE STRUCTURE! EXCELLENT JOB MY FRIEND!

No, it appears you can't work together. You are cheaper outsourced labor, and the Majors are now making more money and don't need to outsource anymore. The mainline guys want their flying back that was taken away because of cheaper RJ operators. UAL uses your CR7s from LAX to SEA. Why? Those sure are small cities..... In the meantime, Virgin America comes in and takes even more market share away. CR7s shouldn't be doing it, and you know it. Even though you can't do anything about it, you shouldn't think it is normal. UAL got rid of 94 737s to facilitate the merger, not because they couldn't fill them. Cheap outsourcing is bad for this industry and unfortunately you are a part of it. That practice needs to stop, which will help us all out eventually.

Last edited:

I'm a SkyWest FO. I'm on the ALPA organizing committee. I DON"T LIKE THIS FLYING ONE BIT. I DROPPED A TRIP AND LOST $$ ON THIS! Please explain to me how you are going to further your cause by sh!tting on the lowest man on the totem pole, for flying a legal trip, in order to keep YOUR scope intact. WTF do you want us to do? Quit? Me, a regional FO who SUPPORTS what you are standing for! I am so TIRED of your SHAMELESS CHEST THUMPING! WHERE THE HE!! DOES IT SHOW ME CHOOSING THE ROUTES I FLY??? YOU SUGGEST WE DECLINE THESE LEGAL FLIGHTS YET OFFER NO WORDS OF PERSONAL SUPPORT! YOU INSULT ME AND IN THE SAME BREATH --ORDER-- ME TO UPHLD A CONTRACT IN WHICH I AM NOT A PARTY. BTW TWOTTTER GOOD JOB ON CHOOSING THE CAL ROUTE STRUCTURE! EXCELLENT JOB MY FRIEND!

Alright bud, step back from the keyboard and take a deep breath. When I said things were going to get ugly around here it was in reference to UAL/CAL management-pilot relations. This, I believe is the tip of the iceberg for things to come. They are testing us to see how far they can push us before we strike back. They are testing uncharted waters and I have a feeling this whole 70 seat in CAL hubs experiment is going to bite them big time!
The battle isn't with SkyWest pilots, it's with UAL management. With that said, you will not be welcomed with open arms here in the CAL system. Unfortunately, you guys and gals will be flying routes that were previously flown by CAL aircraft protected by the CAL scope clause which is still in effect, even though the company is trying to negate it. You SkyWest guys won't catch any grief from me, but I can't speak for the other 5,000 CAL pilots.

So, as I feared, the flying will go on as planned. The lawyers and management win again. The only way this is a win for CAL pilots is when they WALK OUT the day this flying begins. But they won't. They will just blame management and Skywest pilots and point, shout, and whine. All the while they hold the ultimate nuke. WALK OUT.

No, it appears you can't work together. You are cheaper outsourced labor, and the Majors are now making more money and don't need to outsource anymore. The mainline guys want their flying back that was taken away because of cheaper RJ operators. UAL uses your CR7s from LAX to SEA. Why? Those sure are small cities..... In the meantime, Virgin America comes in and takes even more market share away. CR7s shouldn't be doing it, and you know it. Even though you can't do anything about it, you shouldn't think it is normal. UAL got rid of 94 737s to facilitate the merger, not because they couldn't fill them. Cheap outsourcing is bad for this industry and unfortunately you are a part of it. That practice needs to stop, which will help us all out eventually.

Check your facts johnsonrod. The major pilots GAVE THEIR FLYING AWAY the regionals didn't take a thing. The practice of outsourcing was all a product of major pilot concessions. Im not for helping the major pilots anymore, Im for helping myself.

You are, by far, the dumbest person on FI.

eP.

Last edited:
But they are on CAL's website for sale. Right now you can book a round trip ticket on a United Express/Skywest 700 from IAH to ASE. No Continental metal involved, only CAL selling the UEX ticket. This is the work around? I have not looked at the other city pairs.

The IAH-ASE flights operated DEC18-26 and resume on the 4th of JAN. That was never part of the COEX flying out of IAH. If you try to book on any of the other city pairs, nothing comes up. Nothing comes up on United's website either for any of those city pairs.

The IAH-ASE flights operated DEC18-26 and resume on the 4th of JAN. That was never part of the COEX flying out of IAH. If you try to book on any of the other city pairs, nothing comes up. Nothing comes up on United's website either for any of those city pairs.
So this 66 seat CRJ700 flying for CAL out of IAH by SkyWest is ok? How does that work? It has a CO flight number right?

Check your facts johnsonrod. The major pilots GAVE THEIR FLYING AWAY the regionals didn't take a thing. The practice of outsourcing was all a product of major pilot concessions. Im not for helping the major pilots anymore, Im for helping myself.

Facts? You need to review history yourself. That flying was taken from them in BK. If someone has a gun to their head (in this case a judge) are they really giving it away? You think so, primarily because you benefit from it. Take your blinders off please.

Latest resources

Back