• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest getting closer to furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Granted GJ was formed to get around AAs scope, which is fine, but the pilots from TSA were not allowed to come over to GJ unless they came as new hires. .

No they were allowed.... get your facts straight. They chose not to because of a management feud they'd had since the beginning of TSA, they thought they could stick it to an Indian goat herder. They found out the hard way... now they're blaming everyone else but themselves.

No they were allowed.... get your facts straight. They chose not to because of a management feud they'd had since the beginning of TSA, they thought they could stick it to an Indian goat herder. They found out the hard way... now they're blaming everyone else but themselves.
So they could have gone over, kept their seniority, vacation, sick, and at least an industry average 70 seat pay scale?

You guys need to stop picking on CX an GJ pilots or their moms are guna call your moms and your guna get a time out and no dessert. You want that?

So they could have gone over, kept their seniority, vacation, sick, and at least an industry average 70 seat pay scale?

......... you do know that TSA pilots had a chance in forming a single list do you? Hulas didn't just start hiring off the street randomly until they were turned down by the pilot group repeatedly. (that's another story) But at some point they had to man the airplanes, they didn't have the cash to form an industry leading contract back in 05 because of the cost of GJ which was necessary for the future of TS as you are seeing now... You can make the argument of morality but you can also make the argument of stupidity considering what has happened to TSA.

Last edited:

I give you a C+ for effort...or almost but not quite.

I was told (since I was but a wee inner-city youth when it all went down) that the pilots were allowed to keep up to 5 years of seniority and longevity when they crossed over.

Then again what do I know...all this sun, sand and surfing has clouded my mind.

Stay crispy y'all!

I give you a C+ for effort...or almost but not quite.

I was told (since I was but a wee inner-city youth when it all went down) that the pilots were allowed to keep up to 5 years of seniority and longevity when they crossed over.

Then again what do I know...all this sun, sand and surfing has clouded my mind.

Stay crispy y'all!

The point is that TSA could have had the flying in the first place they voted no. Yes some guys, even though they had a job at TSA did decide to "cross over" in 05 after gj was formed. But who cares? Separate airlines, no different then you going from an airline to a startup so that you can be first on the seniority list. It's a free country isn't it? As long as you're not being a scab which has already been proven. And it's also not an alter-ego that's proven in court as well.

The point is that TSA could have had the flying in the first place they voted no. Yes some guys, even though they had a job at TSA did decide to "cross over" in 05 after gj was formed. But who cares? Separate airlines, no different then you going from an airline to a startup so that you can be first on the seniority list. It's a free country isn't it? As long as you're not being a scab which has already been proven. And it's also not an alter-ego that's proven in court as well.
I have never accused GJ guys of being scabs. But GJ was used to whipsaw the TSA guys, TSA guys asked for a respectable wage to fly the 70 seater, the boss said no, accecpt my offer or I will hire all new pilots who will do it for less, then the GJ turds willing to work for crap wages came along and took the jobs. Again I am not calling you guys scabs, never have and never will, I will however continue to educate everyone in the corporate world about the pilots at GJs who screwed over hard working pilots who were trying to get a respectable wage from their boss.

Latest resources

Back