• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest getting closer to furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it is...but that doesn't mean they have to give it to the non-union skywest. They were not planing on allowing benefits and could have easily said pound dirt.

I'm not saying SAPA has anything to stand up against management with. Obviously they can do what ever they want. All I am saying is most likely, without SAPA staying on their azz, we would have gotten a crappy deal.

What Samballs said.;)

But seriously, you are right that SAPA has nothing to stand up against management. Which is precisely why they would have offered it regardless of SAPA. In other words, there is nothing SAPA could have said or done that would have a material difference in the final outcome of management's decision.

Its the total opposite from a union shop. In a union shop, a hostile management will undermine (regardless of the merits) the union in order to pit the members against it. In this situation, the company will give all credit to SAPA (regardless of the merits) in order to maintain status quo or 50% + 1 happy, oblivious, ignorant, or any combination of the three.

Er...sorry don't follow this stuff that closely since it's not my "industry segment", but a buddy who's taking a sandbox-vacation courtesy of uncle sam told me he's been sent a furlough notice by SKW starting in August. Has he misread the note? He said 600 going to the street. Really hope he's wrong about this.

Er...sorry don't follow this stuff that closely since it's not my "industry segment", but a buddy who's taking a sandbox-vacation courtesy of uncle sam told me he's been sent a furlough notice by SKW starting in August. Has he misread the note? He said 600 going to the street. Really hope he's wrong about this.
It's probably the letter saying his military leave is approved

Latest resources

Back