Skywest getting closer to furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyerdan....if you believe that than...

Without Sapa management would have 0 accountability. The reason management isn't talking about furloughs is because they DON'T have to. Klen has said that come fall they WILL furlough unless we get a large increase in flying or enough people take a LOA. Without SAPA, management would have already passed the LOA without any benefits and no significant time frame. If this was the case NO ONE would take this crappy LOA and we would furlough even more folks.

It is people like you that make SAPA weak. Why in the world would management take SAPA serious when we pilots don't show solidarity. Your attitude makes SAPA weak which inturn has a direct impact on your QOL.

You are misinformed. Klen did not put out that statement. SAPA is simply a weak tool that management uses occasionally to try to manipulate the pilot group and stir the pot. SAPA ends up talking about uniform issues, professionalism, cleaning airplanes, and the HIMS program instead of real QOL issues that the pilot group wants. It is laughable how when someone runs for a SAPA rep position they talk about how they will take a stand on serious issues and then after just a couple of meetings with management their entire agenda is circumvented by management and they become lackeys talking about petty issues that pilots would just as soon get an email about from the chief pilot group. You should really just take a step back and take an objective look at what SAPA is DOING instead of what they are saying. You will see that I am correct.

TSA did nothing similar to Eagle, Eagle was not allowed to do anymore flying for AA because of scope.
Granted GJ was formed to get around AAs scope, which is fine, but the pilots from TSA were not allowed to come over to GJ unless they came as new hires. RAH was established to get around AAs scope, but CHQ pilots were allowed to go to RAH with their senority, and pay.

so dan, are you suggesting that we just throw in our gloves and let management do what ever they want with us? Do you want a union? I can't imagine you want zero control over the company you work for so what are your ideas if you don't support SAPA?

flyerdan....if you believe that than...

Without Sapa management would have 0 accountability. The reason management isn't talking about furloughs is because they DON'T have to. Klen has said that come fall they WILL furlough unless we get a large increase in flying or enough people take a LOA. Without SAPA, managment would have already passed the LOA without any benifits and no significant time frame. If this was the case NO ONE would take this crappy LOA and we would furlough even more folks.

It is people like you that make SAPA weak. Why in the world would managment take SAPA serious when we pilots don't show solidarity. Your attitude makes SAPA weak which inturn has a direct impact on your QOL.

I'm wondering if SAPA or the company has looked at the fine print on the health and dental benefits. It says that LOA employees are ineligible for benefits and must requalify when they return to work.

I'm wondering if SAPA or the company has looked at the fine print on the health and dental benefits. It says that LOA employees are ineligible for benefits and must requalify when they return to work.

Yes, they have looked at it. Health insurers cannot pick and chose who to insure if you enroll as a new-hire...but if you decline insurance as a new-hire and then try to enroll later there is a natural and reasonable suspicion that you just came down with some expensive malady. For this reason the insurance companies are allowed to evaluate your health if you attempt late enrollment.

Unfortunately this may also get applied to those who lose benefits due to a voluntary leave of absence...effectively they voluntarily dropped the bennies.

Why doesn't Sapa deal with the issues we really care about. Like having fa's wear lower shirts and shorter skirts (the hot ones at least).

Note: I don't work for skw but I hear your fa's are smokin' :)

Latest resources

Back