• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest get midwest flying.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya... really professional, man. And nobody was telling me I was flying for free?!!! So, that $94,000 deposited into my bank account this year must have been a gift! Thanks, Skywest!!

Professionals in any field do not talk about how much they make. It's uncouth.

It's like bragging about your Johnson to a girl. There's always someone else with a bigger one.

Professionals in any field do not talk about how much they make. It's uncouth.

It's like bragging about your Johnson to a girl. There's always someone else with a bigger one.

I was just going to say...there has been a lot of that going on lately. Maybe the Skywest guys can start a thread on how much they "banked" this year.

It's pretty sad to see guys get all excited about the growth of an airline with just 50-seat airplanes. Especially, when a airline down south has made way to grow Midwest airlines with 737's and not 50-seat RJ's. You guys get on this board and complain about your wages and how the industry is spiraling down. Hmmm....would you prefer RJ's or 737's. I'm not sure what provisions are set in place in the event Midwest gets bought out, but please say in ain't so. Is this the growth that Midwest's management had in mind to grow their airline. When every airline under the sun is running from 50 seat RJ's because they are no longer cost effective when fuel is at 60 dollars a barrel. WOW! I hope that is not their best shot or there are going to be some shareholders screaming foul real soon! This should get very interesting! Boys don't get your resumes ready to soon! Again wait and see how the Shareholders respond to this, especially when there is a potential better offer already on the table!

If these are existing aircraft Skywest already operate, who is parking 50's Delta or United? I guess this is only part one of a two part annoucement.

What I have heard is United wanted to swap out some 50s for some more 700s. I've even heard that United and Jerry are talking about the 900s as explus with more Firstclass.

Riiight. And guess which of the three has the lowest payscales. Don't even need to give you a hint.

This would have been great for AWAC's who still live in ORD, and even better for Coex who needs to avoid furloughs. Instead the kool-aid at Skyw gets thicker and the upgrade drops even lower. yay

At that alone decided who got the bid? Do you call 5 plumbers to your house to give you a bid on something and just give the work the one who charges the most?

Announcement on SKW online says a first four airplanes will come from existing fleet...the rest will be "new to us". Don't know how this is going work...seems ridiculous...all this growth.

Haven't been down to Tucson lately but there had been a bunch of 50s down there. South side of the airport had rows and rows of them. Bunch of ex ACA/Indy and some in NWA colors. Has Pinnacle put those into service? Isn't Chatauqua trying to get a bunch also for the CAL flying?

I'd bet that UA or Delta will want to exchange out some of the 50s for new 70s. If they do that I suppose the 50s could come from either SkyWest or ASA.

Latest resources

Back