• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest get midwest flying.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But it won't be done by the Skyway team; MEH management doesn't want to spend the money to finance RJs when they're looking at new narrowbodies. It sucks but its the reason there was an RFP to begin with...

Exactly

When MEH cancelled their 50 seat, or whatever it was, order, they should have simply ordered CRJ900's and put those with skyway, and drop the whole 717 program.

You could have yanked 8 or 10 seats out of the 900 to achieve the same pitch you have in the 717. It would make the two west-coast destinations, and MEH would have been able to take advantage of SJS to get a great rate.

The economy of scale would have been incredible.

Now, MEH, if they don't get bought out, is having to maintain 4 different types, several different labor groups, etc...

IMO, there was an opportunity to go to a single-carrier.

When looking at it that way, an AAI takeover makes even more sense.

Last edited:
...So, that $94,000 deposited into my bank account this year must have been a gift! Thanks, Skywest!!
You have netted $94,000 so far? Can I ask how many days off per month? How many block hours flown (not paid for, but flown)? How many years at SKYW?
If days off are 13+, and block < 90, I'd say that's pretty darn nice...
However, if days off are < 10 and/or block >100... Well, it's still nice, but your wearing yourself out over it, and the question is, is it worth it?

Why aren't you slummin' around in the mighty Beech, you slacker! :p

Timed-out for the year Mr. Shadow. How is your respectable job treating you? Home every night, weekends off, home for the holidays.... miss it back here yet? Merry Christmas Karl!

Timed-out for the year Mr. Shadow. How is your respectable job treating you? Home every night, weekends off, home for the holidays.... miss it back here yet? Merry Christmas Karl!

Lucky bastage! The office gig is going okay although my employer is being sold so my job might disappear pretty soon.

I miss the great group there - had a lot of good times.

Merry Christmas to you too, Seth. :)

You have netted $94,000 so far? Can I ask how many days off per month? How many block hours flown (not paid for, but flown)? How many years at SKYW?
If days off are 13+, and block < 90, I'd say that's pretty darn nice...
However, if days off are < 10 and/or block >100... Well, it's still nice, but your wearing yourself out over it, and the question is, is it worth it?

Average of 13 days off per month. $7000 was IOE pay, though. $5000 was bonus. NOT BRAGGING!! Just answering the question.

Last edited:
But it won't be done by the Skyway team; MEH management doesn't want to spend the money to finance RJs when they're looking at new narrowbodies. It sucks but its the reason there was an RFP to begin with...

If Airtran buys MEH the Midwest management team will be gone. I don't know what Airtran would do with Skyway but if they wanted to move it forward they have access to the cash to make it happen.....MEH either doesn't or is afraid to spend the money.

Latest resources

Back