Skywest get midwest flying.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe it aint over yet.

I hope that AirTran buys Midwest and scuttles this deal before it gets going. This flying should be done in-house by the Skyway team.

Professionals in any field do not talk about how much they make. It's uncouth.

It's like bragging about your Johnson to a girl. There's always someone else with a bigger one.

You're right. It wasn't professional throwing my salary out there. This professional, though, is getting sick and tired of being called "working for free", a scab, and a whore by other "so-called" professionals! That post wasn't meant to brag about how much I make as a Skywest pilot. It was a sarcastic reaction to being called names. It's getting old. Yes, Skywest has its problems just like any other airline, but it's a good company to work for. Either way you cut it, our growth isn't just due to low costs. I believe we provide a very high quality product to our customers. Especially for a carrier like Midwest who prides themselves on high customer service.

I hope that AirTran buys Midwest and scuttles this deal before it gets going. This flying should be done in-house by the Skyway team.

But it won't be done by the Skyway team; MEH management doesn't want to spend the money to finance RJs when they're looking at new narrowbodies. It sucks but its the reason there was an RFP to begin with...

As an AWAC pilot i think this sucks, but this isn't the fault of Skywest pilots. Pilot pay is a tiny percent of overall cost. Skywest won this because of thier product. Have you people that are always trash talking the Skywest pilots every jumpseated on them? They are better then about 98% of the airlines around, and I know having to jumpseat to the evil east coast all the time. Thier planes are clean, FAs friendly and most of the time good looking. Congrats to Skywest. The rest of you retards need to grow up. Being on this board is like being back in 8th grade. Pilots need to stop fighting each other and start fighting management.

I don't have the Midwest T-100 data handy, but does someone know what Midwest/Skyway MKE O&D numbers are annually?

Based on what AAI has planned for it's MKE growth, they could completely drop any feed and stick with their business model.

Pilots need to stop fighting each other and start fighting management.

Dude, in the last 5 years, pilot groups have been the recipients of a massive amount of anal sex. What on earth makes you think they're going to fight management at this point?

You can't take this personal, it's strictly about business. Remember years ago the really big UAL pilot work slow-down during their contact negotiations? Remember that 'industry leading' contract they got?

Remember a year or so later all the DAL pilots walking around thumping their chests with UAL+1 chants, or whatever it was they were chanting. Remember those days? IIRC, that resulted in an 'industry leading' contract, right???

Now it's shifted. When times are good, pilots have the backing of their labor groups and they win.

When times are bad, carriers file BK and the companies have the backing of the US government. In fact, some would argue that during this time, you wouldn't even know a pilot group even had representation. Anyway, guess who's gonna win?

All about business dude. It'll shift, always has, always will. Very few cycles as predictable as the airline business.

Skywest ... planes are clean, FAs friendly and most of the time good looking.

What a difference from the TSA jet I rode on a couple of months ago. Interior beat to s#!t, 1/4 of the armrests were missing, the APU was inop (with no A/C cart...mmmm, warm recirc air), and the thing was 2 hours late. Crew was friendly, but old Hulas should be embarassed by the interior of that airplane. It was worse than a CommutAir exterior!

Skywest has done it again.....amazing. To my Midwest friends, good luck in your future ventures.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back