• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest=Forrest Gump

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, but how many people would sing along with, "isnt it coincidence, dont ya think" ?

Wait, Thats the word there for ya, NEVETS; Coincidence!!!!

Good business and coincidence is what you came up with.

Okay, I'll replace the word "irony" and put those words in instead. Here we go.

Did anyone else find the "good business" in this line?

Did anyone else find the "coincidence" in this line?

'When the companies failed to settle the issue informally, SkyWest said it had to seek legal remedies "to protect our contractual rights under our agreements."'

Does that work for you now? It doesn't convey the message that Skywest management sees it fit for themselves to protect contractual rights yet are unsupportive of its pilots having their own contractual rights. You and everyone else who read that knew exactly what I was saying regardless of whether irony was the correct word. You simply didn't like what I was saying for some reason. I'll stick with my original message. Thanks anyways.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
yet are unsupportive of its pilots having their own contractual rights. Thanks anyways.:rolleyes:
But what if the pilot don't want a contractual obligation? Which it seems they do not want, much like the employees at Toyota.

But what if the pilot don't want a contractual obligation? Which it seems they do not want, much like the employees at Toyota.

Yeah, it makes some wonder why the CEO has his own contract with his own contractual rights but most pilots don't want what he has. Lets face it, this is a world of contracts. CEOs have them as well as companies doing business with each other like Skywest and Delta. This law suit that Skywest has filed against Delta is the whole point to having a contract to begin with. Sometimes there are disagreements in the course of doing business that requires an independent third party to sort them out. Nothing personal. Yet Skywest management does not see it fit to support its own pilots to have those rights.

"Yet Skywest management does not see it fit to support its own pilots to have those rights."

Some people like to drive an arguement to the point of absurdity(sp) What investor, CEO, etc., has ever said to himself: Yeah, I can make money with this idea, but I won't commit until all my potential employees have avail themselves of the protection of a union.

Come on guy, that horse has left the barn. ALPA is not likely to try again for many years.

"Yet Skywest management does not see it fit to support its own pilots to have those rights."

Some people like to drive an arguement to the point of absurdity(sp) What investor, CEO, etc., has ever said to himself: Yeah, I can make money with this idea, but I won't commit until all my potential employees have avail themselves of the protection of a union.

Come on guy, that horse has left the barn. ALPA is not likely to try again for many years.

You make a good point. The CEO is not going to do that. Because his first fiduciary responsibility is to the stockholders, NOT the employees. And that is okay. Someone has to look out for the best interest of just the stockholders. An airline couldn't run successfully without such a person and JA does an outstanding job at it too. But someone also should be looking out for the best interest of the pilots who has no conflict of interest.

Organizing is an ongoing task. It may be another five years before the next drive but its never too early to continue spreading the good word. Also, many people from many different carriers other than Skywest read these forums. The audience is much more vast than you think.;)

Yet Skywest management does not see it fit to support its own pilots to have those rights.
It appears they are happy without those rights just the Toyota employees who rejected the UAW.

Its one thing to educate and inform, and another to insult and belittle. Even people who support the drive get tired of the attitude. I'm sure the drive a couple of years ago would have succeeded had it not been for the patronizing attitude of a couple of the organizers. As it was, it came damm close. But to paraphrase, it was the messenger, stupid!

Latest resources

Back