• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest=Forrest Gump

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are currently about 78-79%. Close, but not quite 80. With the loss of the ATRs and the increase in the Pinnacle flying out of ATL, expect that percentage to be reduced unless something major happens.

Oh, and I agree with you that Jerry got a great deal with Delta. I'm just saying that the ASA pilots were not a party to the deal. Jerry is the one protected, not the ASA pilots. We just happen to be along for the ride.

Indirectly it protects us more than our ALPA negotiated scope section....I'll take any job protection wherever I can get it....Jerry is a very good businessman and it would behoove us to work with him for job protection.....I would love to have some ALPA scope protection for the DCI flying...but I don't see that happening.....

As far as "just being along for the ride"...you can say that for all ALPA regionals....

At the same time, Joe, ASA needs to be more proactive with improving their performance and customer satisfaction. Those two things will be the ingredients needed in order for Uncle Jerry to keep getting us those long-term contracts with guaranteed flying.

Its one thing to educate and inform, and another to insult and belittle. Even people who support the drive get tired of the attitude. I'm sure the drive a couple of years ago would have succeeded had it not been for the patronizing attitude of a couple of the organizers. As it was, it came damm close. But to paraphrase, it was the messenger, stupid!

Amazing! Are we emotionaly tied to the delivery... foresaking the message??

Some people like to drive an arguement to the point of absurdity(sp) What investor, CEO, etc., has ever said to himself: Yeah, I can make money with this idea, but I won't commit until all my potential employees have avail themselves of the protection of a union.

Herb Kelleher

Even more ironic is the fact that Jerry's contract with Delta provides more job security for ASA pilots than the ASA ALPA agreement does.....Jerry was able to accomplish something ALPA couldn't....job security...

Perhaps its due to the fact of who has control.

One of your many flaws Joe is you expect ALPA to have more control than it does... at the same time and ironically you work to sabatoge ALPA.

As for your PAC idea, anybody can give. Just send your check to:

Air Line Pilots Association Political Action Committee
1625 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036

Here is some more contact info:

1-888-359-2572 ext. 4033
e-mail: [email protected]

Keep in mind that this money is used for lobbying and for donating to pro ALPA people running for federal elections. But dues money is also used for many things that benefit all airline pilots as well.

Unfortunatley not. Guys like PCL128 who left an ALPA carrier wants to give to ALPA-PAC as he did. However, federal law, not ALPA policy only allows active members of an association to donate to PACs.

There are efforts to change this....

However if the OO pilots want to get involved, then why not create a industry committee? OO pilots should be pulling thier own weight and join ALPA, but until then perhaps they should come up with creative ways to defend the profession.

Is MAG/JO less of a threat to SKYW pilots because ALPA is fighting his efforts to degrade the profession?

JO got Aloha. When the CRJ wars heat up this summer, and JO looks for survival and sees undercutting the OO pilots... and a viable target...

Possible..... probable?

At the same time, Joe, ASA needs to be more proactive with improving their performance and customer satisfaction. Those two things will be the ingredients needed in order for Uncle Jerry to keep getting us those long-term contracts with guaranteed flying.

I agree...and we are working on it.....

Perhaps its due to the fact of who has control.

One of your many flaws Joe is you expect ALPA to have more control than it does... at the same time and ironically you work to sabatoge ALPA.

ALPA could have more control if it wanted to.....It could promote transportability of seniority/longevity...In fact it looks like it is starting to do that....

It could also do more to limit entry requirements....Other trade groups/associations/unions do a better job of this...

We will never be successful if we have to compete with one another and allow anyone to enter after a few months at a puppy farm....

The status quo isn't working......

ALPA could have more control if it wanted to.....It could promote transportability of seniority/longevity...In fact it looks like it is starting to do that....

will you help?

It could also do more to limit entry requirements....Other trade groups/associations/unions do a better job of this...

there are at times, lessons from others. but how is this accomplished? and will you help?

We will never be successful if we have to compete with one another and allow anyone to enter after a few months at a puppy farm....

The status quo isn't working......

Joe, I really hate to tell you this, but our gov't and economic model is based on recycling labor, for centuries. This isn't an ALPA problem.

It is a voter problem.

I'm glad you changed your "more of the same" tune on this. Now will you help out when it gets to an airline near you?;)

Latest resources

Back