• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Flight Attendants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, if they wont let the Pilots fly past 60, maybe the F/A's should have an age limit as well. HAHA. jk!

the state of Utah has .... a ton of women who were raised to do whatever they are told without question.

Wow ... I'm moving to Utah. :pimp:

minnereg said:
Two of the requirements for SkyWest's "aggressive recruitment" of Flight Attendants:

~Between 5-feet and 5-feet-8-inches tall

~Weight in proportion to your height

If only all the airlines include that caveat with proportional weight. Noting that most people enjoy having enjoyable and attractive FA's, why don't more of the regionals include this? I can guarantee you that at my last employer attractiveness or physical condition were the slightest of their interests. Yeah, thus far I have seen some exceptional talent at SkyWest, but are they really all as fantastic as I have seen? Why are so many of us younger guys subjected to fifty-five year olds with a gut and a cigarette hanging out of their mouths? Are there any other airlines that compare?

minnereg

I know I'll get ragged on by the other FA's on this board, but I couldn't agree with you more. After working for a regional and than doing 135, I can't understand why FA's look so rough. I'm gone 23 days out of the country per month, but I still find time to take care of myself. Is it that hard to stay away from the crew meals and put on make-up for a flight?!?!? Granted, we're not paid well, but I rather go hungry spending money on my appearance than to look rough in front of a bunch of military men that just got done spending a year in the sandbox.... but that's just me... let the blasting begin.

I was reading your post just waiting for the sarcasm to kick in. Then I realized - you are acutually on my side. Amazing!

minnereg

minnereg said:
I was reading your post just waiting for the sarcasm to kick in. Then I realized - you are acutually on my side. Amazing!

minnereg

Yes... there is actually FA's out there that are on the pilot's side. :)

CHQFA00 said:
Yes... there is actually FA's out there that are on the pilot's side. :)
I like them on my er..................... yeah side, that is what I was going to say.

siucavflight said:
I like them on my er..................... yeah side, that is what I was going to say.

Flight attendants are required equipment for overnights in Europe, why not here?

I love Flight Attendants!!

Hi!

If Air Canada had height in proportion to weight in the 1970s my wife would've been an FA for them. She applied out of high school.

She weighed 135 lbs.

They said she weighed too much.

She was 5'10". She wore a size "6 Tall" dress.

Wow! What were they looking for???

cliff
YIP

You guys are idiots. I am more concerned if a FA can do her job than what she/ he looks like. I have seen some pretty ugly pilots sitting next to me so if you want to raise the standard for FAs then do the same for pilots.

People are people regardless of what they look like and how much one weighs.

Latest resources

Back