• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest First Year FO Pay Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Laughing, ASA is going to raise the pay 4 bucks and Skyworst them steamy piles of dog crap follow suit.
Hmm just another coat tail riding losing non alpa company.

My roommate's an interview captain. He was part of a meeting that the supposed result is going to be an increase in first year pay and also no published minimums.

Laughing, ASA is going to raise the pay 4 bucks and Skyworst them steamy piles of dog crap follow suit.
Hmm just another coat tail riding losing non alpa company.

Don't "sugar coat it" speak your mind.

That's because Jerry is underbidding and taking flying away from all the airlines out there that have union contracts.

What does that make you?

I guess that makes SkyWest a competitive airline that continually produces high performance numbers amongst the other regionals, thus producing profits, quarter after quarter after quarter, year after year after year. They consistantly prove to the Majors (Delta, United, MidWest and ?) that they can produce a product that keeps their customers happy. Underbidding? That's the name of the game. We live in a capitalistic society, union shmunion or not.
Is all this unprofessional jibber jabber at each other really going to continue until the next onion drive? Stop wasting your breath on SkyWest/ALPA and start worrying about your own airline.

Last edited:
what 10nCLR said.

welcome to the free market.

what 10nCLR said.

The day you can prove anything in commercial aviation has to do with the free market, I'll eat my hat. Right after I burn my copy of the FAR/AIM, my TSA procedures, my maintenance logs, my receipts for airport user fees and federal aviation taxes.........

You're right about one thing, as long as people willingly work for nothing, it will be a free market.

what 10nCLR said.

You have a good thing for yourselves at Skywest. However you hurt the profession by not having a union. Since you work for the top regional airline out there you should be trying to raise the bar not waiting for someone else to raise it and then let Jerry give you just enough to keep you almost happy.

Until you stick up for yourselves and take your rightful place in the industry occasionally you will be called names. Deal with it.

Latest resources

Back