• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest First Year FO Pay Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever losers. Look in the mirror. You took a job for crap pay with crap work rules. Now you are mad because you've got a crap job.

If YOU took a job at any regional in anything like the last 10 years go get a nice big cup of STFU and sip on it. You are the problem and you've got what you deserve.

cynic said:
If YOU took a job at any regional in anything like the last 10 years go get a nice big cup of STFU and sip on it. You are the problem and you've got what you deserve.

So...having accepted a certain level of compensation and work rules and then wanting them to change for the better makes us the "problem"?

Isn't that basically how salary negotiations occur in every office and corporate job? You think you are worth more to the employer after gaining longevity there and then ask for it during your review, and if you don't get your expectations met you are at liberty to leave that company in search of better...the same thing many regional pilots are currently doing?

You don't like the regionals, that's fine. With the contempt you seem to have for collective bargaining I'm surprised you waste your time and talents talking down to us with "crap jobs".

Plesase instead of being mad at each other just go to www2girls1cupcom this should help mend the union of ASA and Skywhore.

LIARS too, ALPA had 1400-15oo people that told the ALPA folks out there that they would vote yes, and then only 900 people voted total! I call them pussie* that can not even vote!!!

I'm just as upset about the vote as you are, but let's keep the facts straight. Your numbers above are just plain wrong. I won't publicly disclose the number of cards that ALPA received, but it wasn't close to what you've posted.

Words cannot describe how entertaining it is to see the dip sh!t ALPO nazis get all wound up!

So...having accepted a certain level of compensation and work rules and then wanting them to change for the better makes us the "problem"?

Yes

Isn't that basically how salary negotiations occur in every office and corporate job?

Nope. That is not the case. Your best opportunity to negotiate is when you take the job. But feel free to beg for more later. Let me know how that works out.

You think you are worth more to the employer after gaining longevity there and then ask for it during your review, and if you don't get your expectations met you are at liberty to leave that company in search of better...the same thing many regional pilots are currently doing?

Except there is another pilot out there willing to do it for less. "So...having accepted a certain level of compensation and work rules and then wanting them to change for the better makes us the "problem"?"

cynic said:
Nope. That is not the case.

Really? So its not common for talent to go into their annual review and ask for an increase in compensation that is requisite with new responsibilities?

Your best opportunity to negotiate is when you take the job.

Agreed...but that isn't the issue.

Except there is another pilot out there willing to do it for less.

Then why is anybody still employed in this profession again? Must be some reason why managers keep higher-priced, more experienced around when folks are willing to do the same job for less coin...

91/135 vs. 121 in terms of compensation is at best an apples to oranges comparison...and I'm sure you're intelligent enough to realize that.

Latest resources

Back