• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/Expressjet/Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FF, if you would read his post instead of jumping on your soapbox, you would see that he was referring to the contracts OO has with the airlines for the flying they do. Not for the labor/management relationship.

Please. It's funny how Skywest is the bad guys for "blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental" but every time Express Jet get's more Delta flying out of SLC your pilots are all "blowing their loads" over the prospect of more flying with Delta at Skywest expense. What a bunch of hypocrites. Pathetic.

And some Skywest pilots are showing exactly how they feel about it by cutting off XJET planes on the taxiways and blocking the frequency.....I wish I could write it off to "coincidence" but it's happening way too often lately.....way to show your maturity!......Oh and too the SKW guys that cut off an XJT in LAX a few weeks ago.....then got chastized by ramp, then giving a F.U. type response on the radio as you rolled by.......I guess the joke was on you when you turned down the wrong alley and had to beg ramp to let you turn around without a tug......

I don't mean to bash SKW pilots, but come on guys! stop trying to make conversation with me, then work in a little gloating about the SKW/XJT thing!

And some Skywest pilots are showing exactly how they feel about it by cutting off XJET planes on the taxiways and blocking the frequency.....I wish I could write it off to "coincidence" but it's happening way too often lately.....way to show your maturity!......Oh and too the SKW guys that cut off an XJT in LAX a few weeks ago.....then got chastized by ramp, then giving a F.U. type response on the radio as you rolled by.......I guess the joke was on you when you turned down the wrong alley and had to beg ramp to let you turn around without a tug......

I don't mean to bash SKW pilots, but come on guys! stop trying to make conversation with me, then work in a little gloating about the SKW/XJT thing!

Yea, and that that NEVER happened in IAH when we flew airplanes and routes your company didn't even want.

Not saying either is right, but before you throw stones...

FF, if you would read his post instead of jumping on your soapbox, you would see that he was referring to the contracts OO has with the airlines for the flying they do. Not for the labor/management relationship.

I like my soapbox. It actually makes me tall enough to look people in the eye. Okay, I turned off skim reading mode and see what is being said:0 . I wouldn't trust UAL with how they toss around contract carriers, but isn't the DAL contract pretty secure and amazingly long term?

And some Skywest pilots are showing exactly how they feel about it

There are tools everywhere....XJT has plenty too.
They do seem to be coming out of the woodwork though. The other day some Skywest guy told my F/O he wasn't gonna get a ride because XJT was taking away all of Skywest's flying in SLC. I think you have a little bit more than that. Call me crazy.

Originally posted by rtmcfi:
OO's huge growth spurt (along with GO-Jet, Mesa, and maybe others) with UAL came as a result of AWACS demise.

SkyWest got the lions share, but Go-Jets, Mesa, and maybe others all got a piece of the action.

I hate to trouble you with facts, but when AWAC got the boot SkyWest was awarded a grand total of 12 airplanes out of a total of 70 or so that were up for bid. I remember distictly Jerry saying that was all he could get under the terms he wanted. The majority of the flying went to MESA. We definately didn't lowball the bid as Jerry insisted on a ten year contract and all the other details that are ensuring our profitability right now.

MESA's bid was so low that about a year ago JO sent a letter to UAL begging to renegotiate the terms as they were losing money on the flying.

I appreciate your attempt to keep my facts straight, however....you are the one having difficulty with the facts. There was an initial award of 12 planes like you said, then...
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2005/04/04/daily1.html

Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp. is losing some of its United Express routes to rival carriers under new agreements announced Monday by United Airlines.
United Airlines said that it has reached agreements with existing United Express carrier SkyWest Airlines and GoJet Airlines, a subsidiary of Trans States Holdings, to provide approximately 30 aircraft that will operate under the United Express name by the first quarter of 2006.
The move is part of cost-cutting efforts by Chicago-based United Airlines, which announced in November 2004 that it would rebid some of the regional routes flown by Air Wisconsin, Appleton. Air Wisconsin flies more than 500 flights daily serving United Airlines' Chicago, Denver and Washington, D.C., hubs.
The agreements with SkyWest and GoJet are a result of the November request for proposals, United said. Of these 30 aircraft, SkyWest will operate 20 and GoJet will operate 10 70-seat Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft under the United Express brand. The first aircraft, operated by GoJet, will begin flying in August on routes to be announced at a later date.
To accommodate the new flights, St. George, Utah-based SkyWest said it would spend $637 million to add 20 jets to an order with Bombardier, Montreal, raising the total order to 52 jets. SkyWest is the largest United Express carrier.
St. Louis-based GoJet announced March 14 that it would spend $317 million on 10 new Bombardier aircraft to cover new flights.
United said the 30 new aircraft will fly some of the routes previously flown by Air Wisconsin. United did not disclose how many Air Wisconsin flights would be affected.
Air Wisconsin still has the option of adding some regional flights under the US Airways Express name under a financing agreement between Air Wisconsin's financing arm Eastshore Aviation and bankrupt Arlington, Va.-based US Airways. Under the agreement, Air Wisconsin is investing $125 million toward US Airways emergence from bankruptcy, which can be converted into an ownership interest in the airline. The agreement also includes options for Air Wisconsin to assume some US Airways Express flights.
United (OTCBB: UALAQ) also is considering reductions in the United Express fleet to further reduce spending on U.S. domestic capacity, given high fuel prices and the current fare levels. United made the announcement to employees last month.

There are tools everywhere....XJT has plenty too.
They do seem to be coming out of the woodwork though. The other day some Skywest guy told my F/O he wasn't gonna get a ride because XJT was taking away all of Skywest's flying in SLC. I think you have a little bit more than that. Call me crazy.

There are tools everywhere. I fly for Xjet branded. I know it is going down the tubes. Oh well. That really s#cks. What am I to do? ExpressJet is a great company and it is too bad CAL are such weenies and have joined the fold of whipsawing partners against each other. Airline flying just plain sucks! Not the people I work with, generally speaking, not the passengers, etc. Just the whole business, the stupid hedge funds, and the few lame @ss immature pilots at each carrier. Get used to it or quit... I made far more money in the tech sector but I enjoy flying a whole lot more. Take the good with the bad and do your best to make things better. F CAL for playing games.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back