• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/Expressjet/Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you Metro! I am SO sick of these Skywest guys foaming at the mouth for the demise of XJET, and nearly blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental (behind Xjet's back, and at the expense of Xjet of course). For a company that considers itself so "moral", the pilot group at Skywest sure seem to only care about themselves!

It's like 4 pilots and a dispatcher on here that are talking about maybe doing Continental flying. Most of our pilot group realize that a Continental code would benefit Inc. and not our pilot group. We don't want to mess with your airline. Also, where do you get this load about our company considering itself so moral? Aside from the FAR requiring good moral character, I'd like to see your source.

Thank you Metro! I am SO sick of these Skywest guys foaming at the mouth for the demise of XJET, and nearly blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental (behind Xjet's back, and at the expense of Xjet of course). For a company that considers itself so "moral", the pilot group at Skywest sure seem to only care about themselves!
I'm not sure where you're getting this "foaming at the mouth" thing. If you read the SEC filings closely...SkyWest, Inc. hasn't negotiated anything but for XJT to continue flying the CoEx operation...not SkyWest Airlines.

Would it be good for Inc.? You bet it would. But, I don't think anyone at SKW is wishing for anyone at XJT to lose their jobs (I'm sure as hell not). However, I think we would like to see the XJT under the Inc. banner because there is money to be made flying for Continental and it would benefit all three carriers to have a strong and diversified Inc.

That said, if a deal with XJT cannot be worked out, CO has already made it clear that they plan to pull 51 planes from that operation. This is Continental's choice, not SkyWest's. No matter who that flying goes to, it isn't "stealing" anyone's flying...that is Continental making a business decision. It's business...might be bad business...but it is business just the same.

Last edited:

If I read another comment about Xjet possibly going bankrupt (with the Skywesters getting all excited), or "Uncle Jerry Said...", (we're going to be the best thing for Xjet, because they "need" us), or similar such nonsense, then I will be forced to conclude that there is not a single soul at Skywest who posts on this board who can think for themselves. First of all, Xjet is NOT going to go bankrupt.

Second, how can you guys not realize that what is bad for a company with an industry-leading contract (by bad, I mean Uncle Jerry strong-arming Xjet into giving up the best parts of their contract) is bad for the industry as a whole?

And for those of you at Skywest who think Jerry Atkin, et al, are such "good" guys because of their religious affiliation-- Let me clue you in on a little fact I have observed over the years... some of the biggest crooks I've ever met in business also have temple recommends. In their minds, "what's business is business... what's personal is personal." Meaning, they do one thing and profess another.

End of discussion.
JTW,

This is the internet. Worse than that, it's FI. To judge an entire pilot group on the antics of a few alleged SkyWest pilots on an anonymous bulletin board is akin to getting aviation facts from CNN.

Consider the source.

Fly safe.

-JO

From what I understand, ASA didn't want Skywest to buy them, but they are happier for it. Aren't you guy bleeding money with your at risk flying? Seems that your bleeding money because of bad business decisions by management. You may not like SkyWest, but it seems like express jet could use some good managers to make some wise business decisions.

I don't think so. SKYW does everything it can to keep costs low and pass the saving to the mainline partner. The CRJ 900 is 8 to 10 % cheaper to operate than the E Jets. In this fuel environment, and the airlines inability to charge more for tickets, the CRJ is a winner. Oil back to $50 or so....then the E Jet is better.

All you Skyworst pogues keep rubbing your pathetic little peckers while you steal XJT's flying for CAL but there's one problem with your wet dream: S-C-O-P-E.
So, your Bombardier POS may be a winner elsewhere, but it won't be in CAL colors.

Not Even The Stones To Post Public...

Sent via PM with my response back...

"
Re: Go Away Old Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klr2land
You're an idiot. You will see an OO RJ in Continental colors very soon.

Yes, I'm older than you. I've also been flying long before the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and left a brown stain on the matress.
Your canadian crap jets may be painted in CAL colors but not if they have more than 70 seats. That's called scope protection.
Scope is something you kiddies at Skyworst will never comprehend. It goes with being a professional pilot. Something you kiddies will never understand. As proven by your rejection of ALPA, if you won't stand for something, you'll believe in anything."

Sent via PM with my response back...

"
Re: Go Away Old Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klr2land
You're an idiot. You will see an OO RJ in Continental colors very soon.

Yes, I'm older than you. I've also been flying long before the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and left a brown stain on the matress.
Your canadian crap jets may be painted in CAL colors but not if they have more than 70 seats. That's called scope protection.
Scope is something you kiddies at Skyworst will never comprehend. It goes with being a professional pilot. Something you kiddies will never understand. As proven by your rejection of ALPA, if you won't stand for something, you'll believe in anything."

Get this man another beer!

First of all, lets all be professionals. After all, we may all be working together for the same company IF this deal goes through.

Second, the CAL letter to XJT makes it very clear that they will only pull the 51 aircraft IF XJT doesn't provide the savings on the "magnitude" that SKW is offering. Its just a negotiating tactic on CAL's part. They either get the savings through a buyout from SKW or by an independent XJT. This is not to say that there couldn't be some flying given to SKW even if XJT remains independent AND keeps all 205 under a renewed CAL CPA.

Lastly, no one other than SKW and CAL management know what their negotiated deal is. Is it for all 205 aircraft or less than that? How long is the deal for? These are just a couple of questions that NONE of us know right now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back