• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/Expressjet/Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This just came out like 5 seconds ago on SWOL and you are already blabing it on FI.com. I wouldn't have posted that if I were you. Why would you post internal company info on here? I know you love SkyWest, but have some common sense man.

He is doing just what CC wished. He wants he expressjets folks to see this. This is nothing but a scare tactic. CC is firing a shot over Exressjet managements heads. "Play ball, or we will operate your jets for CO!"

D you reall think SkyWest wants to add a third fleet type?

Please. It's funny how Skywest is the bad guys for "blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental" but every time Express Jet get's more Delta flying out of SLC your pilots are all "blowing their loads" over the prospect of more flying with Delta at Skywest expense. What a bunch of hypocrites. Pathetic.

True dat. Can't we all just get along. Nah people get shot for saying that sh$t

Shouldn't you be on the "Private Pilot" or "Pilot Wannabe" forum? You're a dispatcher right..??

Do you have any questions about actually flying airplanes. Perhaps I could help you out with the whole pitch/power thingy.

Shouldn't you be on the "Monday Morning CEO" or the "CEO Wannabe" forum? You're an aircraft jockey, right?

Do you have any questions about actually operating an airline? Perhaps I could help you out with comprehending the whole "Airline CEOs could care less what the pilots think."

I'm not sure if you understand CAL's scope. No commuter airline will fly any jet for us with over 50 seats per POS '02. Only turboprops may be over 50 seats and hopefully we can lock that door come contract 2010.

Oops! 50's even better! I'm pretty optimistic that we'll fix that one.
Too bad most RJ pilot groups don't understand that more/bigger RJ feed means fewer mainline jobs for them to move up to...

Last edited:
great facts:rolleyes:

but you are wrong. Overall, 170/190s are better than the crj pos. Why do you think Air Canada chose E170-190s over crj?

have a nice day:beer:

Wrong.

AC did not 'choose' the EMB175. They chose the EMB190 for the 90-seater (mainline) and the CRJ705 for the 75-seater (Jazz). They ended up with 16 CRJ705's and 15 EMB175's due to a complicated scope conflict arbitration.

Wrong.

AC did not 'choose' the EMB175. They chose the EMB190 for the 90-seater (mainline) and the CRJ705 for the 75-seater (Jazz). They ended up with 16 CRJ705's and 15 EMB175's due to a complicated scope conflict arbitration.
If I understand correctly, the -705 is just a CRJ900 that is only certified for 75 seats. Bombardier apparently went out of their way to certify this version of the -900 for 75 as a work around on the scope conflict so they could secure the Air Canada order.

The EMB170/175/190...as far as pax comfort is concerned, there is no equal amongst the regional manufacurers. No doubt it is a great aircraft...however, the the extra gross weight of the aircraft (obviously requiring a little more fuel to operate) has been a primary reason for not moving away from the CRJ's altogether.

This just came out like 5 seconds ago on SWOL and you are already blabing it on FI.com. I wouldn't have posted that if I were you. Why would you post internal company info on here? I know you love SkyWest, but have some common sense man.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

And people wonder why they don't tell us anything.

It's plastered over the internet and SLC paper before the morning's over.

great facts:rolleyes:

but you are wrong. Overall, 170/190s are better than the crj pos. Why do you think Air Canada chose E170-190s over crj?
have a nice day:beer:

I mean are you kidding me? You talk about his facts and you post this BS. I'm glad you have a hard on for the big boy regional jet but I think you need to check YOUR facts. I don't think you will find any place that states or anyone that is educated state that the E jets burn less or are cheaper to operate than the comparable CRJ aircraft. If you are talking about passenger comfort then you were way off in your post as well...seeing that Justice didn't argue that.

All you Skyworst pogues keep rubbing your pathetic little peckers while you steal XJT's flying for CAL but there's one problem with your wet dream: S-C-O-P-E.
So, your Bombardier POS may be a winner elsewhere, but it won't be in CAL colors.

I can say that I TRULY don't want SKW to take any XJT flying. Don't want any part of it....but don't you think it's CAL/CAL pilots flying? In my eyes, at least, the regionals don't own this flying what so ever.

Please. It's funny how Skywest is the bad guys for "blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental" but every time Express Jet get's more Delta flying out of SLC your pilots are all "blowing their loads" over the prospect of more flying with Delta at Skywest expense. What a bunch of hypocrites. Pathetic.

Since its DAL flying doesn't that mean its at "Delta's" Expense? Oh and ExpressJet is one word ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back