• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/Expressjet/Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SKW mgt will learn soon enough what the CHQ mgt team has finally picked up on.

THERE WILL BE NO flying for anything larger than 50 seat a/c under the CAL brand. CAL recently announced that it was canceling service to DAB. They are reducing RJ capacity, not adding it. SKW will most likely do CAL flying, it will however not be on the scale that XJT does. Nor will XJT frankly ever operate a fleet as large as they do not for CAL.

All this pissing and moaning is about a small contract to operate these RJ's few a few years. My guess is SKW will operate perhaps 50 ERJ's, XJT will operate 50 or so and the Q400's will keep coming. The 73's have recently been put back on markets like CMH, BWI, DCA, RDU and many others that used to be nothing but RJ's.

The RJ market is in big trouble. Their future is very limited, ie no great expansion.
In a few years SKW will be parking these things in the desert in numbers.

Shouldn't you be on the "Monday Morning CEO" or the "CEO Wannabe" forum? You're an aircraft jockey, right?

Do you have any questions about actually operating an airline? Perhaps I could help you out with comprehending the whole "Airline CEOs could care less what the pilots think."

Thats funny. I have worked many different jobs in aviation. I have a dispatch certificate. I dispatched for a couple of years actually. Real a/c though. No "puddle jumpers." Only ETOPS widebodies. You know what I learned? Dispatching SUXS!!

Nobody wants to visit your cubicle office clown. No one cares about "behind the scenes."

All you "Skyworst pogues" keep rubbing your pathetic little peckers while you steal XJT's flying for CAL but there's one problem with your wet dream: S-C-O-P-E.
So, your Bombardier POS may be a winner elsewhere, but it won't be in CAL colors.

SMOE started the name calling with this "Skyworst pogues" numnuts. Looks like this is the best he can do. But thanks for joining in his defense, SuperPuss. Shouldn't you be getting your resume ready?

This coming from someone who started off the post calling him a name :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Laughs :cool:

SMOE thanks for calling him out he deserved it.

So, a few XJET pilots try to post the truth, using facts and rationality, and we get called "idiots." Or, otherwise ridiculed for having "small brains." Well, okay, you Skywest pilots have proved what I have long thought to be true. The amount of vitriol directed at me, and at the rest of the people who try to post the FACTS is telling about the spirit of your pilot group.

The classic comment which I hear all the time from you Skywesters is, "I don't want Xjet to go out of business, or for people to lose their jobs, BUT...." Yeah, right. Then why are you all so insistent on slinging mud, saying we "stole" ASA's flying, saying our company is only worth about half what Jerry offered to buy it for, etc., when the facts don't support this?

Having spent a lot of time in Salt Lake City, and getting to know several Skywest pilots, I thought they were the anomalies- mindless, spineless, blindly-following fools. I can't tell you how many times Skywesters said to me "We don't need a contract. Jerry is an honorable guy. He's a Mormon. He'd never screw us over." Oh yeah, how's that 1% raise? How do you like training on your days off? Isn't it nice to know you could be fired for refusing to fly fatigued?

So, who would he screw over? How about Delta? Think about how you got 450 million in the bank-- certainly helps when Delta pays for your fuel. Think about the 20-something year contract you got with Delta when they were desperate for cash and sold ASA. Don't you think maybe that was screwing over Delta-forcing them into a deal that might not have been in their best interest simply because they needed the cash? But wait, you say, that was just "business."

Those are just things to think about. I don't want your comments or rebuttals, I just want you to THINK FOR YOURSELVES for once. XJET getting rid of its scope at the hands of Jerry Atkin will be bad for the entire profession.

And for those who say I have an axe to grind, well I don't know quite how to respond. First, I'm a Mormon convert. So, that can't be it. But, I do find what I've been reading on this board about the Skywest-XJET-Continental debacle sickening, and your attitudes make me sad for humanity.

Oh yeah, XJT's stock status was changed to "buy" today. Wall Street doesn't seem to think we're going under!

Lest you think I'm spouting Kool-Aide-as I've been accused- I don't even work for XJET.

For the last time XJT has over $500 million in total assets (this doesn't include aircraft leases)!;)

What matters is cash on hand, unless XJT plans to liquidate their entire company of $500 million in assets.

As of Dec 31, 2007, XJT reported $189 million in cash. They just reported a loss of $31.31 million in the 1st quarter - leaving now their cash on hand at $158. Google Financial reports their market capitol is at $159.81 Million at $3.08 a share. Tough times for the entire industry..

SOURCE: PR NEWSWIRE
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-05-2008/0004806855&EDATE=

nobody on this topic yet has posted the obvious problem is that XJT scope won't allow this sale anyways.

We would have to integrate our seniority lists with Skywest's within 9 months, and they don't want that - JA even said in that letter that they will consider that section "null and void" in order for a deal to go through.

Well obviously the XJT pilots won't approve that. So tell me why we're still discussing this?

I just want to clarify that i am a huge pu$$y thats likes to hide behind PMs until i am called out. Sorry that i am such a Toolbox :blush: Hey thanks for coming clean :laugh:

SMOE started the name calling with this "Skyworst pogues" numnuts. Looks like this is the best he can do. But thanks for joining in his defense, SuperPuss. Shouldn't you be getting your resume readyWhy would i be doing that? I am not going anywhere else. Thanks for the career guidance but i think i am doing just fine on my own and you're the last person i want "career" advice from LMAO ?

What i dont get a PM? :uzi:Klr2takeitNtheA!! :smash:

Last edited:
here's something productive...can a xjt or anyone else please explain the non-hub clause. I don't understand or I guess I haven't read much about it...lets try to not fight about this one eh

Latest resources

Back