• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/Expressjet/Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How's this any different than wanting Mesa to disappear. No hard feeling for express jet but come on that branded flying is a lost cause.

Thats very easy, express jet raised the bar on pay for all regional pilots.

Mesa has always done the opposite.

MESA SUCKS!

The branded flying was the idea of management not pilots, express jet pilots have a right to have pride in who the work for.

Medeco

Skyw will be doing the flying;however, the reason for the purchase attempt is to get the options on the e170/75 that XJET has.
What part of your a$$ did you pull that out of?
XJT does not have any options on anything larger than 50 seats. CAL's scope will not allow any one else to operate a jet over 50 certified seats in their system.

For the last time XJT doesn't own their aircraft they lease them!!!! There's nothing to buy!

Whats the point? Most companies dont buy their aircraft anymore. That helps keep debt down not to mention that keeps the carriers the regionals fly for from completely screwing them. CAL CXs flying XJT COULD dump the leases on CAL or as long as they keep paying the leases they are XJT airplanes to be used for whatever they want. Its a good thing XJT doesnt OWN 274 50 seaters.

SkyWest does do at-risk flying for both Delta and United, if you really want to get technical. Delta and United provide the reservations and the codeshare, but SkyWest does the marketing and pays the fuel.

FYI, XJT does as well. They have 14 aircraft doing it for DAL. I think the deal is similar to what SKW does with DAL.

What part of your a$$ did you pull that out of?
XJT does not have any options on anything larger than 50 seats. CAL's scope will not allow any one else to operate a jet over 50 certified seats in their system.

I'm pretty sure they have options for 50 seaters but EMB has told them they can use them for bigger aircraft

For the last time XJT has over $500 million in total assets (this doesn't include aircraft leases)!;)

Where do you figure the bulk of this comes from? The paint shop in Saltillo isn't worth more than $50M... And otherwise, that's a lot of GPUs :)

Please. It's funny how Skywest is the bad guys for "blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental" but every time Express Jet get's more Delta flying out of SLC your pilots are all "blowing their loads" over the prospect of more flying with Delta at Skywest expense. What a bunch of hypocrites. Pathetic.

Thank you. I don't remember seeing any of you XJet monkey's on here complaining when you undercut ASA in LAX and "stole" their flying.

Our CEO put in a fair offer, and with that offer it would save your jobs. The parts of your contract that Jerry and our management doesn't like has nothing to do with pay or QOL issues so bag that one please.

We offered you 63% more for your stock than it was worth. Common sense...if you were selling your car for 10,000 and someone offered you 16,300...what would you do?

Thank you. I don't remember seeing any of you XJet monkey's on here complaining when you undercut ASA in LAX and "stole" their flying.

Our CEO put in a fair offer, and with that offer it would save your jobs. The parts of your contract that Jerry and our management doesn't like has nothing to do with pay or QOL issues so bag that one please.

We offered you 63% more for your stock than it was worth. Common sense...if you were selling your car for 10,000 and someone offered you 16,300...what would you do?

In my opinion, that is a simple and poor comparison.

ASA wasnt undercut they were in place in LAX until the XJT aircraft were available from the CAL system. Feel free to prove me wrong by posting the bid amount by XJT and ASA for that flying, Monkey! :cool:

Latest resources

Back