• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/Expressjet/Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAL flying belongs to CAL, period. Who they choose to operate said flying is their decision, period.

The only flying XJT owns is their branded flying.

SkyWest owns NONE of its own flying.

ALL REGIONALS ARE SIMPLY SUBCONTRACTORS. You guys don't own any of your flying.

Really? Thanks, was anyone confused about this? And XJT does own some of the DAL flying, 10 airframes I believe.

Really? Thanks, was anyone confused about this? And XJT does own some of the DAL flying, 10 airframes I believe.

Well re-read this post...there are people here that need to be reminded of this...Infact I think you do too... they may own the planes but the routes, the rsv system, the name, and each passenger onboard belongs to DAL. Owning a plane means nothing! Look at the frontier flying with Republic

SkyWest does do at-risk flying for both Delta and United, if you really want to get technical. Delta and United provide the reservations and the codeshare, but SkyWest does the marketing and pays the fuel.

Is This The Best You Can Do Junior?

More PM ranting from Clueless 2 Land:
"
icon7.gif
Re: Go Away Old Man
I know more about Unions than you will ever know. You can thank ALPA for giving your scope away and creating the regionals as we know them today. They will be giving more scope away in the future. Get your head out of the sand, jack ass. Unions are for crappy pilots who know nothing about capitalism.

Perfect for you."

Junior, why do you insist on PMing this vomit? Are you too embarrassed to post for all to see? Feel free to post with the normal reply button. It's getting a bit tedious cutting and pasting to the open forum but I feel compelled to share this hilarity. As for your latest spewing:

Um, we haven't given any scope away Junior. Nothing over 50-seat jets on property. Unlike low-baller, bottom feeding, non-union pilot groups like yours, we are resolved that SCOPE and SENIORITY are not for sale...EVER. Part of being a professional pilot group with a Union Contract is looking to the future; preserving and improving what you already have for future generations and keeping management at bay. Perhaps SJS is fogging your vision? And is that your definition of capitalism Junior? Undercutting other flying operations?

SMOE, I agree that would be annoying to get PMs from someone trying to get into a pissing match...Do you really need to post it on here though can't you just ignore it?

Thank you Metro! I am SO sick of these Skywest guys foaming at the mouth for the demise of XJET, and nearly blowing their loads at the prospect of a contract with Continental (behind Xjet's back, and at the expense of Xjet of course). For a company that considers itself so "moral", the pilot group at Skywest sure seem to only care about themselves!

If I read another comment about Xjet possibly going bankrupt (with the Skywesters getting all excited), or "Uncle Jerry Said...", (we're going to be the best thing for Xjet, because they "need" us), or similar such nonsense, then I will be forced to conclude that there is not a single soul at Skywest who posts on this board who can think for themselves. First of all, Xjet is NOT going to go bankrupt.

Second, how can you guys not realize that what is bad for a company with an industry-leading contract (by bad, I mean Uncle Jerry strong-arming Xjet into giving up the best parts of their contract) is bad for the industry as a whole?

And for those of you at Skywest who think Jerry Atkin, et al, are such "good" guys because of their religious affiliation-- Let me clue you in on a little fact I have observed over the years... some of the biggest crooks I've ever met in business also have temple recommends. In their minds, "what's business is business... what's personal is personal." Meaning, they do one thing and profess another.

End of discussion.

I haven't read the entire set of postings on this issue...maybe somebody already commented on this... but:

This crap spilling out of your mouth is the same song and dance that has been the last breaths of every airline on their way down. Talk about "not thinking for yourself". Wife, you are an idiot. This crap you said might have made sense four years ago when oil was lower, LCC startups with low-balling contracts were running rampant, and the few airlines with solid structure and business models were doing well. But now with $120+ oil and airlines going bankrupt at an average of two a week, YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!

I do NOT hope Xjet goes out of business. I have many friends and relatives flying over there, but the fact remains... We are in a new industry climate. The old game and the old propaganda that so many people keep bringing up, makes them sound stupid. I am no business guru, but common sense seems to show that SkyWest Inc. has the most solid balance sheet and is in a position to weather this next storm. If I was a struggling airline, I would hope to be able to get under that umbrella. Life at ASA got better when SkyWest Inc. completed the buy. I honestly think that if Delta had two wholly-owned to deal with, now that oil is like gold and 50 seaters are no longer efficient, that at least one of those airlines would be gone. Did SkyWest Inc. "save" ASA... I didn't think so at the time, but now that oil is at $122, I think they may have.

Your little brain tries to paint SkyWest pilots as brutal job stealers... when in truth, they are probably going to be fine for awhile, so why should they even care. If your airline has upwards of $450 million in CASH on hand, you might have a job for a few more years. SkyWest pilots won't get an increase in flying if SkyWest Inc. buys XJet. Get a clue. SkyWest pilots are also pilots of an airline owned by SkyWest Inc. They have no dog in the fight for XJet. Nobody wants anybody else to lose thier job... but economics are economics.

When XJet picked up Delta flying was that "at the expense of SkyWest and ASA, behind SkyWest's and ASA's back?" Get a clue. Contracted regional flying is just that. You need to be able to look at it objectively... or else you sound like an idiot. CAL regional contracts are not XJet's God given right... they are just contracts... given to the winning bidder. Just like every other airline's regional Requests for Proposals. I hope the best for XJet, no matter what falls out of all of this.

Thanks for the laughs Smoron, I mean SMOE. You are easily manipulated. It's easy for you to call people names but not to take it, isn't it?

SkyWest does do at-risk flying for both Delta and United, if you really want to get technical. Delta and United provide the reservations and the codeshare, but SkyWest does the marketing and pays the fuel.

Doing business as DLC and UAX, not as SkyWest.

Thanks for the laughs Smoron, I mean SMOE. You are easily manipulated. It's easy for you to call people names but not to take it, isn't it?

This coming from someone who started off the post calling him a name :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Laughs :cool:

SMOE thanks for calling him out he deserved it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back