Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Employees Now Nonrevving In The Blind!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for trying to help dispatchers. In the goo does not speak for all of us pilots at SKW. You guys have been nothing but good to me.

No problem, If any of you need "real Data" call us here in dispatch. I think inthegoo is confused of the data we have in dispatch. We have real time loads. We have access to the res system, and can even tell you where you stand on the list.

We need more dispatchers like Joe and his good morning weather summaries.

I wish we had time to do that on every release, but working 65 releases a day doesn't always make that possible....WE TRY OUR BEST (at least most of us)

I met the infamous JOE D. in ORD today. And he said, "Good morning!!!!!!! A cold front will be sweeping through the Ohio river valley, In the NorthWest......

Just joking, but I did meet him today at Quiznos......

Last edited:
Joe D. and his infamous morning wx brief. He does that to cut down on the amount of calls he gets every morning. Now, if only he could write in the following things to go with it:

1. You will be swapping aircraft today, maybe even twice, no exceptions.
2. No one found your cell phone you left on the aircraft five weeks ago.
3. You have people paying to fly with you all day. Doesn't matter if there is one or 77, you still get paid them same.

Then Joe D. would never get a phone call again.

Funny

I find it funny you mention "WE TRY OUR BEST" Homie. You might remember:

There once was a dispatcher that put loads and swaps (AND a quick weather brief) on ALL releases, to keep the crew informed about the rest of the day's flights. Well, one day, he was called in and written up for doing it. He was told, Stop doing that above and beyond stuff because "...it makes the rest of the department look bad when they don't do it too" and "we don't want the crews to start 'expecting' it to be on the releases."

That's all I got to say about that.

flyjumpseat expanded on my original thought, touche!

I find it funny you mention "WE TRY OUR BEST" Homie. You might remember:

There once was a dispatcher that put loads and swaps (AND a quick weather brief) on ALL releases, to keep the crew informed about the rest of the day's flights. Well, one day, he was called in and written up for doing it. He was told, Stop doing that above and beyond stuff because "...it makes the rest of the department look bad when they don't do it too" and "we don't want the crews to start 'expecting' it to be on the releases."

That's all I got to say about that.

Thats why I said TRY not DO!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back